Stealth ship and drones

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Shiny

Stealth ship and drones

Postby Shiny » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:10 am

Say I get attacked by a ship with drones in the first sector with the stealth ship, before I can get shields or great weapons. Am I just utterly screwed to hell? Even when I cloak immediately, my weapon doesn't charge fast enough and the drone always seems to target the weapons system or something just as important.
icepick

Re: Stealth ship and drones

Postby icepick » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:32 am

Yeah it sucks, haha. I just rage-restart usually, haha.

You can target down the drone control, though. And the weapon load is usually small to compensate for the drones.
TheKrux

Postby TheKrux » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:39 am

seen and heard loads moan about this.if anything the stealth ship is op for the 1st few sectors. you start with 30 scrap which allows an instant upgrade of the cloak. this allows both weapons to charge and if you are not stupid that will mean instant death for anything in the 1st sector.

i didnt even bother with shields till sector 6, if you get the correct config then you can almost instant kill anything. my fave combo is the boarding drone and a teleporter
Redfoot

Postby Redfoot » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:59 am

With 4 power bars in engine to start off with, when I see drones I just cloak and leave fairly unscathed. It's a stealth ship after all. Long range sensors mean you will find plenty of fights for early scrap collection.