Favorited Tactic

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
liq3

Re: Favorited Tactic

Postby liq3 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Rock B ship... Burn them. BURN THEM ALL. BAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA :twisted:

Tips for people who enjoy the smell of victory:
- Damage their weapons system, then set off a firebomb on it. They'll be too busy catching on fire to repair it.
- Rocks can fight in flames to get the best view and smell. Oh and the flames help them fight.
- Don't destroy the O2 supply. Fire needs oxygen to work. And you wouldn't get that glorious smell without any air.
- Make sure to take out the medbay. The nanites from it don't taste very good, and it might even let them put out the fire!
DasRav

Postby DasRav » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:50 am

I like 2 Hull lasers+a bomb. Bomb the shield room, then melt their hull in seconds. Needs a lot of weapon upgrades thou.
Oathbreaker

Postby Oathbreaker » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:22 am

Kestrel B (second ship I unlocked after the Engi cruiser).

Take out weapons. Beam aboard some crappy boarders, run them around like crazy trying not to die before the cooldown is up.
Warhawx

Postby Warhawx » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Depends on the ship and luck. If I can have anything I want, then I'd have an ion II with 4 secs cooldown and a halberd beam, preferably with max shields and engines. Those would be endgame gear, anyhow. I'd abide to the ship playstyle at early game (standard fire and pray for Kestrels, ion and drones for Torus, boarding party for mantis or crystal type B etc.

I don't think this game encourages any playstyles, but rather; it encourages you to adapt your playstyle according to your resources. You're not always so lucky to get an ion and a halberd beam, so you have to base your playstyle around which gear and upgrades you have gained, and all early game playstyles are viable.