Post your Highscore

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
nakedian

Highscore and Shadowcrust

Postby nakedian » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:39 am

I'm gunning for you Shadowcrust and I think you may hold the world record for now... my current high is 11128, but I've got one in the run now that I think is going to break 20k. I started 7th sector with 43 drones, a drone recovery arm, Hull Laser I, Halberd beam, Ion Blast II, Beam Drone and a defense II. I'm down to 18 hull but I almost never take damage (knock on wood). For the record I'm using the Adjudicator on easy (which helps you to get the setup for the really high scores). Also, my drone attrition seems low compared to my other high scores using the Noether. I also have cloaking which I only use if I've lost my Zoltan shield and there are missiles coming at me. I keep almost all of the ship vented with triple doors for protection against boarders. I'll shut off the O2 and lock them in whatever room they beam in to. Score and pic's coming soon.
shadowcrust

Re: Post your Highscore

Postby shadowcrust » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:06 am

Has it worked out? Fingers crossed, competition is precious. - I have vague plans of beating my score with the Vortex ;)
nakedian

Postby nakedian » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Nope, didn't get you Shadowcrust... ran out of drones. But I'm at it again with a superior configuration that doesn't require drones at all. I had to play on "easy" to get the set up but I have already completed 40 rounds x 20 ships per round x 20 points each so that's 16000 points in farming alone. During that time I have suffered no damage so I'm going for that 30,000 mark. It is boring as hell but I'm doing it just so I can claim the title of highest score in the world which I thin you currently hold. Nice to be playing against a good sport. If I get this done I don't think I will attempt to score any higher just because it takes so much time. I figured about 1200 points per hour which means it will take me 26.67 HOURS to get 32000 points.

PS. How do I add my image.. I did the Upload Attachment but I don't see it anywhere?
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:57 am

I uploaded my image to one of the many image upload sites and then linked to it via an image link.

I'm curious about your superior setup; for an undepleting setup, I'd go for several burst lasers and maybe a beam as well; for the Vortex, it would be 2x Burst Laser Mk II and the Glaive or at least Halberd Beam, plus a Weapon Pre-Igniter and two Auto-Reloaders. For other ships, it would be 3x Burst Laser Mk II and the Pike Beam for the ideal setup, or 4x Burst Laser Mk II, and the same Augmentations. Ion Blasts and rockets are not considered for a first-strike-to-hopefully-kill setup that doesn't run out of ammo. In cases the first strike doesn't kill, a cloak would be required for loading for a second or even third strike, if too many shots are missed. I guess you're using one of the above setups or a very similar one. The best ships for receiving no damage are the Zoltan ones.

I haven't played for some weeks, but I'll try my "bread box with chop sticks disguising as a spaceship" (Vortex) super run. Have only played on Normal so far, so it may take a while to get a suitable setup.
Kurtos

Postby Kurtos » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:23 pm

My Current highscore is 5715 on this steam link http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... pid=212680 . Annoyed i couldn't win on my top score run, but just couldn't find or buy any good weapons.
nakedian

Postby nakedian » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:21 am

FTLGame 2013-11-18 21-30-15-771 edit .jpg

I DID it. I believe this to be the highest score in the world. 38,185 I play on two computers and most of my other highest scores are on the other machine. I will never top this .. it took me about three weeks (at 24+ hours) of boring repetitive work and I will never do it again so if you want to top my high score you can do it. Videos on my youtube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzLYerhxWvw <- this video shows the build
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1DDwXJvwzw <- this video shows the strategy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BG2s9yx ... e=youtu.be <- This shows my final score as I see it myself
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:19 am

Haha, awesome! Well done! It would be a flawless victory, if it were a victory ;-) Have you not bothered to fight the Flagship? Also, I see you haven't quite beaten my combat kills score ;-)

And I still got the highest score on Normal, I guess *mumbles in beard*

I'll be back with a 100k score on the Vortex, but don't hold your breath :-D
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Congrats on the scorebuster! BTW, you might want to post that in the FTL reddit, since it will probably get more comments over there.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
Harkonnen604

Postby Harkonnen604 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:54 pm

That's my best (no intentional grinding on occupied sectors). At the end that Kestrel had all rooms upgraded to max. P.S: I also have all achievements including all ship-specific achievements on all ships :) this game got me deep

shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:55 am

Nice! I couldn't help but notice that you're still playing classic FTL - there's a free official update available, with 10 more ships, a new race, new sectors and a Hard mode! Download it from the same address you've got in an e-mail if you bought it from Humble Bundle, GOG or amazon.

Of course you can still play classic FTL and try to break the high score :-D