Post your Highscore

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
bigslothonmyface

Re: Post your Highscore

Postby bigslothonmyface » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:13 am

Main impression from #4: the number of times my healing bursts miss my own ship is too damn high.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:15 am

Regarding missing your own ship. That is an oversight on part of the devs, your own evasion counts against even your own bombs. Stop the ship (depower engines) and your evasion will be 0%.

Nice highscore for a pretty tough ship.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Teoes

Postby Teoes » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Ha, just scored 6400-ish in Secret-B on a normal non-farming run. Should've farmed it, that definitely would've been my run for breaking 10k! Should've seen it coming really, when I finished Sector 1 with an Engi, Scrap Recovery Arm, Burst Laser 2 and a Halberd Beam...
Iranon

Postby Iranon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Highest so far is 6171, with the Bravais... normal gameplay, no intentional optimising for score.
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:20 pm

Maximised score by exploiting the rebel fleet; in sector 3 or 4 I realised the elite fighters replenish when you save and quit and then restart the game. This means you can defeat as many rebels as your ship and patience allow; in three sectors, I only jumped through the exit once my ship was down 5 hulls or less, so there's actually some room for improvement.
I used a drone recovery arm and a defense drone I, which gets rid of most of the missiles, and a cloak, which I only maximised in sector 7. While it is rare, sometimes missiles get through your defense even with good timing (especially with elite fighters equipped with 3 missile launchers), so you cannot infinitely increase your score. But the most limiting factor is actually patience, as I "wasted" some (many) more rounds in the rebel fleet because I accumulated enough ships already (I started counting the defeated ships after a while and my goal was to reach 300 defeated ships; in the end, I got a lot more due to the precounting ships).
I only destroyed a handful of auto scouts and the boss during the whole game; I boarded immediately into the weapon room of rebel ships with three Crystals and one Mantis. If the locking of the room was mistimed and a rebel escaped to the medbay, I had to evade more shots and rockets, which also adds to the rare hull damage.
Excessively flying into the rebel fleet takes the randomness out of the game a bit; I had no particularly good run regarding visited beacons or weapons (got no really useful weapons other than pike beams, which are good against Zoltan and Boss B).

All in all, I think with exceptional patience and good skills one can go up to 30,000 points or so.

This run was done without mods or cheats or spoiling myself with other people's strategies on Normal with the Crystal ship type B (my first run with the Carnelian!).
FTLChangeMahLife

Postby FTLChangeMahLife » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:41 pm

3173 with a Federation Cruiser known as the 'Nam. Teleporting, full Artillery, dual Defense Drones, and full crew.
Zihq

Postby Zihq » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Around 5900 with Crys B. At the time I thought that must be quite an impressive score. Little did I realize people have managed to get around triple that. Well, I didn't try for a high score, bought every single upgrade and still had money to spare on normal.
Kierany9

Postby Kierany9 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:32 am

3276 with the B2 (Stealth A). Sector 8(Victory) on easy.
Terminus

Postby Terminus » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:42 pm

Lol I suck :P
orlhando

Postby orlhando » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:07 pm

Kestrel A "Colmillo Blanco": 4058 Victory