[CHEAT] All Ships Unlocked

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
phantam23

Re: [CHEAT] All Ships Unlocked

Postby phantam23 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:23 am

chrissphinx wrote:
phantam23 wrote:Just opened the file and wow, I'm impressed, how did you manage to copy over the variants while keeping the score at 0

the file is set up like this:

Achievements
Ship Achievements
Unlocked Ships
Statistics

So I just delete the end of the file making sure to leave the unlocked ships data intact. This data is apparent because it's a block of 00's and 01's after the achievements, simple true/false for which ships you have unlocked.

I wanted to just add one last rock ship achievement to your file, but I didn't know what the game called the fire achievement or where to put it. Luckily, almost every single thing about the game is packed into a data file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light\resources\data.dat) which contains an "achievements.xml" file.

So I needed to add "ACH_ROCK_FIRE" to your file in the right spot, but there were a couple values before every achievement string that I didn't understand, as well as one at the beginning of the file. It turns out those values are the length of the string (in this case the addition was 0D = 13 characters long) and the first value tells the game how many total entries are in the file. After placing the string, setting the length value and increasing the entries value it stopped crashing and worked. :)

I know this is a TL; DR but if you like games and programming then it's kinda interesting.

Thanks, I was afraid of adding in achievements because I didn't know what they were called and what the values before were. I'm learning programming but i'm not too deep into yet.
zion84

Postby zion84 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:00 am

when i try the sav file or the prof file when i copy them over and then go to start the game up in doesnt respond every time its like as soon as something changes the game crashes

any ideas why?
Blind Monk

Postby Blind Monk » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:14 am

Where do you place the save file if you use steam?
Sircole

Postby Sircole » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Someone, not the OP, submitted a false profile file filled with java and xml snippets and skimming it (it was mostly obviscated) I saw "facebook.com" and "twitter.com" and am assuming it's an attempt to steal information so don't download it and if you do, open it with a text editor and if most of it is gibberish and not lines of code you're probably alright.
frayed

Postby frayed » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Sircole wrote:Someone, not the OP, submitted a false profile file filled with java and xml snippets and skimming it (it was mostly obviscated) I saw "facebook.com" and "twitter.com" and am assuming it's an attempt to steal information so don't download it and if you do, open it with a text editor and if most of it is gibberish and not lines of code you're probably alright.

i think you'll find that that is because when you click save as... on the link, what you save is actually the dropbox download page (the html file) rather than the prof.sav - so you need to click on that link, go to the page, and then save the file from there. not a false profile, especially since it was the file from which the op (and me) figured out how to add more achievements.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 am

or just use the profile editor from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2877

assuming it works (I haven't used it) you get to keep your score and you can select which ships to unlock (so you don't need to unlock everyone unless you want to :p)
SBRover

Postby SBRover » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:37 pm

It doesn't seem to be working for me, do you have to delete the prof.dat file that is already in there?
Bacon Boots

Postby Bacon Boots » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:01 pm

I know it wipes your stats and achievements, but can you earn them back?
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Thread: FTL Profile/SavedGame Editor
ForTheLoss

Postby ForTheLoss » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:03 am

Thanks for this!