[Spoiler] FTL Profile/SavedGame Editor v27 (2018-01-12)

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
johnkzin

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Editor v21 - Unlock ships, Edit SavedGames

Postby johnkzin » Fri May 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Panlew wrote:1.Well, sorry, but you're not contributing anything either right now. :lol:

He was contributing right then ... by trying to keep his thread on-topic.

2.How was my post negative :?:

Pointless off-topic criticism of another user's post style.

You're starting to come across as a bit of a troll.
Vhati

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Editor v22 - Unlock ships, Edit SavedGames

Postby Vhati » Fri May 02, 2014 4:28 pm

v22 has been released:
  • Partial editing for 1.5.4 saved games! (ships themselves are not editable yet)
  • Added "Ship Best" score editing in profiles. (Suggested by r543)
  • Added backups when overwriting a profile or saved game.
    (The existing file will be renamed to something like "continue.sav.bak")
  • Fixed read error when a ship's system spans multiple rooms (boss artillery).
  • Fixed a long-standing bug that always reset the first beacon when a saved game was saved.

Victory/Quest achievements are not yet editable. It's still on the todo list, jamberine. ;)

This version has not been heavily tested. Bug reports are encouraged, as always.
And I'm gonna need help discovering the meanings of the greek drone/weapon info at the end.

Some unknowns can be edited now. Doing so may crash the game... or do something interesting.
I haven't tested what happens in-game if you give a store more than 4 shelves. :twisted:
Beacons can have a rarely-seen visited value of 2 (I saw it while at the base in sector 8 with the flagship). No idea what it does.

Btw, there are still 4 days left to vote for SourceForge's project of the month.
kestreladmiral

Postby kestreladmiral » Fri May 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Great work! Once again you have delivered the best quality editor availible. If you haven't voted I highly recommend voting right now. After all, it is for a good cause. Thanks again Vhati for the hard work you are continually putting into this seemingly never ending project.
Jammarson02

Postby Jammarson02 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Bug Report !

First sector added a store, did not edit the store.

Upon arrival at beacon, store has a quest, either accepting or declining the quest crashes the game.

Putting new weapons in cargo hold works great !

Hope to be able to edit scrap on board in next version.

Great work, Thank you for all you do !
TheHoodedTeddy13

Postby TheHoodedTeddy13 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Some unknowns can be edited now. Doing so may crash the game... or do something interesting.

Well, I know what I'll be screwing around with this weekend. ;)
Can't wait for Ship editing!
On the bus home bow, will give opinions when I get home.
johnkzin

Postby johnkzin » Fri May 02, 2014 8:10 pm

Works great!

I was able to work around the "not able to set the flak total" by parking at a store, and selling stuff from the cargo hold ... over and over and over. :-} Tedious, but it works.
Jammarson02

Postby Jammarson02 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:52 pm

johnkzin wrote:Works great!

I was able to work around the "not able to set the flak total" by parking at a store, and selling stuff from the cargo hold ... over and over and over. :-} Tedious, but it works.

( SLAPS HAND TO HEAD ) Why didn't I think of that !
Dimrost

Postby Dimrost » Sat May 03, 2014 12:44 am

Thanks, Vhati, it works like a charm.

For changing augments and crew, I found one thing to do: find a store, and edit it so it carries the augments and crew members you want. (I dunno, maybe I did it wrong, which is more than possible, but I couldn't find a way to create a new store, and edit what was in it).
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sat May 03, 2014 1:28 am

Jammarson02 wrote:First sector added a store, did not edit the store.

Upon arrival at beacon, store has a quest, either accepting or declining the quest crashes the game.

Huh. Weird. Maybe stores need to at least one shelf then.
The editor creates new stores with none.

Dimrost wrote:I couldn't find a way to create a new store, and edit what was in it.

• "Add Store". Then click on a beacon.
  • "Select Store". Then click on that store.
  • "+1 Shelf". And mess with the inventory.

johnkzin wrote:I was able to work around the "not able to set the scrap total" by parking at a store, and selling stuff from the cargo hold ... over and over and over. :-} Tedious, but it works.

*chuckle*
If you're that hard-up for scrap, how about littering the sector with quests that trigger reward events?

Such as RANDOM_GIFT, ALISON_DEFECTOR_QUEST,
DEAD_CREW_DEFAULT, or DISTRESS_STATION_FIRE_CREW (if you've got a clonebay).

Then you can jump to them all in-game. Maybe even edit afterward to mark all the beacons unvisited again, and to put your ship back where you started.

Hint for Extended Drone Info...

Ares's Beta begins with three pairs of big numbers (tens or hundreds of thousands), like this.

Code: Select all

228342, 17000
228342, 17000
228342, 17000

In the example [228.342, 17.000] happens to be the offset from the top-left corner of an enemy ship's floorplan (the squares), to the center of this hacking drone's sprite, owned by the player.

I loaded a screenshot in Irfanview, made a selection rectangle that size, and dragged it around until its corners hit reasonable landmarks. :P
kestreladmiral

Postby kestreladmiral » Sat May 03, 2014 2:24 am

johnkzin wrote:Works great!

Ditto. And yes it is tedious but hey, who cares, if it works then it works. :D