[Spoiler] FTL Profile/SavedGame Editor v27 (2018-01-12)

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Hexerin

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Editor v24 - Unlock ships, Edit SavedGames

Postby Hexerin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:11 am

Vhati wrote:Can you be more specific? I don't recall any outstanding bugs with unlocks and achievements, other than the corner case that was first reported this month. Many remaining aspects of saves which aren't directly editable yet can nonetheless be indirectly changed (e.g., cargo or shops). Is there something you're hoping to do?

it's been months since i've played FTL (and even longer since using your editor), so i can't recall exactly what i was having problems with. i do know it was v24 (the current version) however.

the primary thing i want is the ability to add/remove systems from my ship, to create customized layouts. i know there's a modding tool elsewhere on the forum that allows fully customizable ships, but i'd prefer to do the changes to the normal vanilla ships instead of making my own.
This is a signature.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Hexerin wrote:the primary thing i want is the ability to add/remove systems from my ship, to create customized layouts. i know there's a modding tool elsewhere on the forum that allows fully customizable ships, but i'd prefer to do the changes to the normal vanilla ships instead of making my own.

Mods decide the range of possible situations.
Saved games decide which situation you're in, as if you had been (un)lucky.

The saved game editor, by itself, will never be able to alter layouts or add a system that could not otherwise appear on a ship. FTL just doesn't work that way. For instance, you could use a mod to introduce more posible weapons, then edit a saved game to put one of them in your ship's cargo, as if you had found it in-game - but the editor can't create new custom weapons from scratch.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:39 am

Okay, Slipstream's finally released.

News: I've been scrutinizing FTLGame.exe in CheatEngine's disassembler/debugger and teased out the algorithm that constructs the random sector tree from a seed number!

I'll start working on incorporating that into the editor. Then you'll be able to see all the dots' names in advance - and when you change the seed, you'll preview a new tree. Currently you can only blindly roll back to previously visited sectors; once the tree is visible, the breadcrumbs of your course can be backtracked or extended forward.

You won't be able to hand pick which dots exist, but re-rolling the dice will discover seed values for interesting trees.
Last edited by Vhati on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
r543

Postby r543 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:07 pm

Wow, you finally updated this and added a support for editing Ship Highscores, thank you for adding and creating this, without this I wouldn't have been able to merge my old and my new savedata to one, you might remember my old post(which was posted almost a year ago), but I didn't use this for cheating. Merging the Savefiles worked well,exept for one bug:
In the old FTL savefiles(pre AE), normal and easy are swapped on the Ship Stats(and probably on the General Stats too), I guess this happens because Value 0 used to be normal and 1 easy in old FTL, and when it got the AE update(which converts the savedata), 0 changed to easy, 1=normal and 2=hard.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:22 pm

r543 wrote:Wow, you finally updated this and added a support for editing Ship Highscores, thank you for adding and creating this

Heh heh v22 introduced that in May, about three weeks after you mentioned it. ;)

r543 wrote:Value 0 used to be normal and 1 easy in old FTL, and when it got the AE update(which converts the savedata), 0 changed to easy, 1=normal and 2=hard.

:shock: ... :|
"profile.sav": 0=Normal,1=Easy.
"ae_prof.sav": 0=Easy, 1=Normal, 2=Hard.
"continue.sav": 0=Easy, 1=Normal, [2=Hard] (for all FTL versions)

Thanks for reporting this!

r543 wrote:In the old FTL savefiles(pre AE), normal and easy are swapped on the Ship Stats(and probably on the General Stats too)

Yep general stats too.
Achievements were always 0=Easy, 1=Normal though.

I'll call it a bug in FTL that stats were weird. There wasn't an excuse to change the format and fix it until AE came along, with new info to store.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:18 am

Thanks again Vhati for continuing your work on this as well. Slipstream appears to have reached its final update now. :)
Hexerin

Postby Hexerin » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:49 am

so any idea when AE editing will be a complete thing?
This is a signature.
alset85

Postby alset85 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:07 pm

I check this thread about once a month and I wanted to thank Vhati for continuing work on this program. The one thing I'm interested in is removing installed systems for AE.

Cheers.
jeffg10

Postby jeffg10 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:58 am

i have been waiting for the ability to swap ships with an enemy's ship so i can do ingame ship-stealing runs or the ability to swap out enemy weapons so i can beef them up, for a long time so these next few updates should be exciting indeed. thanks for the awesome work so far V!
r543

Postby r543 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Vhati wrote:
r543 wrote:Wow, you finally updated this and added a support for editing Ship Highscores, thank you for adding and creating this

Heh heh v22 introduced that in May, about three weeks after you mentioned it. ;)

r543 wrote:Value 0 used to be normal and 1 easy in old FTL, and when it got the AE update(which converts the savedata), 0 changed to easy, 1=normal and 2=hard.

:shock: ... :|
"profile.sav": 0=Normal,1=Easy.
"ae_prof.sav": 0=Easy, 1=Normal, 2=Hard.
"continue.sav": 0=Easy, 1=Normal, [2=Hard] (for all FTL versions)

Thanks for reporting this!

r543 wrote:In the old FTL savefiles(pre AE), normal and easy are swapped on the Ship Stats(and probably on the General Stats too)

Yep general stats too.
Achievements were always 0=Easy, 1=Normal though.

I'll call it a bug in FTL that stats were weird. There wasn't an excuse to change the format and fix it until AE came along, with new info to store.

I'm guessing that the numbers were like that because normal was the default mode that was added first, maybe after that some kickstarter testers wanted a easier mode, so they added easy. Achievements and a Continue option were probably added later where they thought that it would be better to have the easiest difficulty 0 and the others 1 and higher.
The 0=normal and 1=easy thing was probably noticed while the developers were working on AE(and adding the hard difficulty).