[Spoiler] FTL Profile/SavedGame Editor v27 (2018-01-12)

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Vhati

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Editor v14 - Unlock ships, Edit SavedGames

Postby Vhati » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 am

shrimpcrab wrote:The version of FTL I am using is the Windows v.1.03.1

I only realised after reading some random post that you're supposed to open the prof.sav to edit profiles, which is located in /MyDocuments/MyGames/Faster Than Light. Everything worked perfectly.

So nvm all that I said in my post. But I would recommend editing the original post in this thread to warn the location of the actual profile file, which I thought was the same thing as the data.dat.

Still interesting. The filechooser should have defaulted to that location, and even hidden all but "prof.sav".

Somewhere like this on WinXP:
C:/Documents and Settings/Shrimpcrab/My Documents/My Games/FasterThanLight/
And normally failing that, it should start at My Documents/

screenshot_profile_choosing.png

Does that not happen for you?
MC3craze

Postby MC3craze » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:24 am

Is it possible to modify crew or session records with this program?
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:46 am

MC3craze wrote:Is it possible to modify crew or session records with this program?
In the profile? No.
In a saved game? Yes.
So when the game ends, FTL will add any high scores to the profile's hall of fame.
But there's no way to lower records at the moment.

Crew Stats
Player Ship tab->Select crew->(Repairs, Kills, Piloted Evasions, Jumps Survived, skills might affect masteries)

Session Stats
General tab->(Total Ships Defeated, Total Beacons, Total Scrap, Total Crew Hired)
shrimpcrab

Postby shrimpcrab » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Vhati wrote:(...)Somewhere like this on WinXP:
C:/Documents and Settings/Shrimpcrab/My Documents/My Games/FasterThanLight/
And normally failing that, it should start at My Documents/

Does that not happen for you?

Yes it does indeed :)
It started at My Documents/
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:54 am

Hi, im trying to use your profile editor, but no matter wat path i specify for the data.dat, it always say error parsing data file. And im sure i am pointing to the right directory. /resources/data.dat

Any ideas?
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:02 am

speedoflight wrote:no matter what path i specify for the data.dat, it always says error parsing data file.

When you run the jar, there should be "ftl-profile-editor.log" file created in the same folder.
Add it as an attachment in a reply here.
(As you're composing your reply, attachment stuff is below the preview/submit buttons.)

What version of FTL do you have? It's possible I overlooked a quirk in an old version.

Are mods involved? This might happen if a mod has typos in it. The game is more forgiving of such things than this tool is. The log will help me identify what needs fixing so it can be reported to the mod author.
wilerson

Postby wilerson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:20 am

I had some issues running the editor on OSX, so I took the liberty of forking the Github repository and sending a patch. Hope it helps!
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:24 am

wilerson wrote:I took the liberty of forking the Github repository and sending a patch. Hope it helps!

Much appreciated. :D
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 am

v15 has been released:
Added sector number rollback under the General tab.
Added "State Vars" tab (achievement-related counters, like destroyed_rock).

Added automated finding of data.dat for OSX-Steam.
Added a prompt to override automatically found data.dat location.
Fixed manual data.dat choosing on OSX. (Thanks to wilerson)
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Vhati wrote:
speedoflight wrote:no matter what path i specify for the data.dat, it always says error parsing data file.

When you run the jar, there should be "ftl-profile-editor.log" file created in the same folder.
Add it as an attachment in a reply here.
(As you're composing your reply, attachment stuff is below the preview/submit buttons.)

What version of FTL do you have? It's possible I overlooked a quirk in an old version.

Are mods involved? This might happen if a mod has typos in it. The game is more forgiving of such things than this tool is. The log will help me identify what needs fixing so it can be reported to the mod author.

Here is the final section of the log file, where the errors are showed ->

02:53:51.590 [main] ERROR net.blerf.ftl.parser.MappedDatParser - Blueprints parsing failed at line 5192 (1-based) of xml: </medbat>
02:53:51.590 [main] ERROR net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor - Error parsing FTL data files javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
- with linked exception:
[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 5192; columnNumber: 4; El tipo de elemento "medbay" debe finalizar por la etiqueta final coincidente "</medbay>".]
at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unknown Source)
at net.blerf.ftl.parser.MappedDatParser.unmarshalFromSequence(MappedDatParser.java:755)
at net.blerf.ftl.parser.MappedDatParser.readBlueprints(MappedDatParser.java:271)
at net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager.<init>(DataManager.java:97)
at net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager.init(DataManager.java:49)
at net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor.main(FTLProfileEditor.java:111)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 5192; columnNumber: 4; El tipo de elemento "medbay" debe finalizar por la etiqueta final coincidente "</medbay>".
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
... 9 more

As i suspect, its something about a typos problem (as u said) on that line in some files.. ??

As for the game version, i have the 1.0.3.1, the mods i have installed are the infinite space and the advanced shields and weapons one. Thanks in advance
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage