[Spoiler] FTL Profile/SavedGame Editor v27 (2018-01-12)

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Vhati

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Editor v14 - Unlock ships, Edit SavedGames

Postby Vhati » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:32 am

speedoflight wrote:
Vhati wrote:Are mods involved? This might happen if a mod has typos in it. The game is more forgiving of such things than this tool is. The log will help me identify what needs fixing so it can be reported to the mod author.

Here is the final section of the log file, where the errors are showed ->
Blueprints parsing failed at line 5192 (1-based) of xml: </medbat>

As for the game version, i have the 1.0.3.1, the mods i have installed are the infinite space and the advanced shields and weapons one. Thanks in advance
Typo: "medbat" where it should be "medbay", in blueprints.xml.

Having looked at the current version of those mods,
  • it's not "Advanced Shields and Weapons",
  • and none of the ships in "Infinite Space" have that word.
  • Nor does "Weaponanza" (you'd mentioned trying that in another thread).
  • Stock FTL 1.03.1 shouldn't have that particular typo either.

I think you have another mod lurking in there. If you search the log for "medbat", the name of the ship it occurs in may be a clue. Worst case: reinstalling the game should clear out the cruft.
Darkshadowmark

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Editor v15 - Unlock ships, Edit SavedGames

Postby Darkshadowmark » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:40 am

22:30:22.624 [main] ERROR net.blerf.ftl.parser.MappedDatParser - Blueprints parsing failed at line 5056 (1-based) of xml: <tooltip>Projectile weapon; Deals 2 damage; Minor chance of breaching & fires</tooltip>
22:30:22.624 [main] ERROR net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor - Error parsing FTL data files. javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
- with linked exception:
[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 5056; columnNumber: 73; The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.]
at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unknown Source)
at net.blerf.ftl.parser.MappedDatParser.unmarshalFromSequence(MappedDatParser.java:755)
at net.blerf.ftl.parser.MappedDatParser.readBlueprints(MappedDatParser.java:271)
at net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager.<init>(DataManager.java:97)
at net.blerf.ftl.parser.DataManager.init(DataManager.java:49)
at net.blerf.ftl.FTLProfileEditor.main(FTLProfileEditor.java:129)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 5056; columnNumber: 73; The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEntityReference(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
... 9 more

Current mods:
KRS Obsidian Cruiser v.1.2.2.ftl
EquipmentEX.ftl
better_asteroids.ftl
Sonata.1.ftl
Disable Fleet.ftl
KRS Incursor Cruiser v0.9c.ftl
Defiant-v.61.ftl
RemoveO2Warning.ftl
Advanced Battle Systems v1.1.ftl

Current Patch: 1.02.6

No clue what to do. lol.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:25 am

Darkshadowmark wrote:
Blueprints parsing failed at line 5056 (1-based) of xml:
<tooltip>Projectile weapon; Deals 2 damage; Minor chance of breaching & fires</tooltip>
- with linked exception:
[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 5056; columnNumber: 73; The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.]
Current mods:
KRS Obsidian Cruiser v.1.2.2.ftl
EquipmentEX.ftl
better_asteroids.ftl
Sonata.1.ftl
Disable Fleet.ftl
KRS Incursor Cruiser v0.9c.ftl
Defiant-v.61.ftl
RemoveO2Warning.ftl
Advanced Battle Systems v1.1.ftl

No clue what to do. lol.

It's a mod typo.
Incursor Cruiser's blueprints.xml.append has a naked ampersand, which is illegal in xml.
The author needs to be notified that &amp; should be written instead.

Thread: Incursor Cruiser

I searched through everything in your list, and that's the only place where an ampersand typo occurs.

If you remove that mod for now, and find another error: remove more, one-at-a-time, until the error goes away or changes. When that happens, you'll know the last one removed had the problem.

Or you can remove them all, and gradually add mods until the editor complains, which'd indicate the last one added had the problem.
Darkshadowmark

Postby Darkshadowmark » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Apparently none of my mods work.

But I did find something by accident.

I uninstalled all my mods so that it was just a vanilla game
the editor ran just fine, thankfully.
Edited all I wanted to WITHOUT touching any weapons or drones or whatever is in storage
Saved
Reinstalled all my mods
Worked 100%
Forte

Postby Forte » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:03 am

Can someone please make a how to video because i cant figure out what to do after i open the Ftl profile editor jar in winRAR
Forte

Postby Forte » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:23 am

When i open it up all i see is

META-INF
net
org
\log4j-2.0-beta1...
about.gif
about.html
LICENSE
log4j2.xml
log4j2-dev.xml
log4j2-trace.xml
Log4j-V2.0.xsd
NOTICE
open.gif
realease-notes.html
realease-notes.png
save.gif
unlock.png
update.gif
update.html
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Forte wrote:Can someone please make a how to video because i cant figure out what to do after i open the Ftl profile editor jar in winRAR
The jar is supposed to run when you double-click it.
If you have Java installed, you should be able to either...

Tell WinRAR to stop handling jars.
  • Start WinRAR
  • Options Menu->Settings
  • Switch to the "Integration" Tab.
  • Uncheck the association with JAR.
OR

Tell Java to take over.
  • Right-click FTLProfileEditor-v15.jar
  • "Open with"
  • "Choose program"
  • Select "javaw" from the list.
  • See if it runs, then repeat the steps and select "always use the selected program for this kind of file".
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:24 pm

*Bumping this above the old thread.*
mqstout

Postby mqstout » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:23 pm

What do the arrows on the sector tab for continue.sav do? There's no tooltip, nor do they seem to do anything when I click.

Is there a way to change the type of the current sector, or is that always derived by the sector tree seed? I don't see enough data yet deciphered to reconstruct the sector tree information (current sector location on the tree in particular).

EDIT: I see the sector tree breadcrumbs on the dump. NM on the second.
EDIT2: On a reload, the tooltips for the arrows was displayed and worked. However, once you click on any of the select buttons at the bottom, the arrows again quit working.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:26 pm

mqstout wrote:I don't see enough data yet deciphered to reconstruct the sector tree information (current sector location on the tree in particular). [...] I see the sector tree breadcrumbs on the dump. NM.
Yeah, that's all the information there is in continue.sav.
T/F to mark each dot visited (top-to-bottom, left-to-right).
Best I could manage was rolling back the sector (setting rightmost T's to F's).

Like the map, I can't know how many dots belong in each column or which ones connect, but even then I couldn't say anything else about the dots.

You could probably roll back to sector 2 and scramble the tree with a new seed though. The first column always has 1. The second usually has 2, IIRC. And they always connect to the first column's dot.
Note: If the second column had 3 dots, and you'd been at the bottom one ([T][FFT]FFFF...), scrambling to a tree with fewer could move that dot to the next column ([T][FF][TFFF]F...), which would be bad.

mqstout wrote:On a reload, the tooltips for the arrows was displayed and worked. However, once you click on any of the select buttons at the bottom, the arrows again quit working.
Like in the ship tabs, you can right-click to cancel selection to get at those arrow buttons again.
I forgot to add that reminder to the top, so thanks for mentioning this. :)