With this, you can unlock any or all ships and achievements in your user profile, or tweak most aspects of saved games: crew, systems, weapons, fires, breaches, etc.
FTL 1.01-1.03.3: "prof.sav" and "continue.sav", are fully editable.
FTL 1.5.4-1.5.13: "ae_prof.sav" is fully editable.
FTL 1.5.4-1.5.13: "continue.sav" is only partially editable. Ships CAN be edited (excluding systems/weapons/drones).
Many values in Advanced Edition have not been deciphered (they're labeled with greek letters and question marks). If you see one and recognize its meaning, post here with your suggestion! Diehard researchers may even compare dumps of backups over time with WinMerge to highlight changes that coincide with events in-game.
AE PROFILES ARE FULLY EDITABLE
AE SAVED GAMES ARE PARTIALLY EDITABLE
Version 24 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 23 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 22 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 21 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 20 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Version 18 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux] (Very stable, from before AE-related bugs: for FTL 1.03.3 and earlier)
The code is on GitHub so you can review it (or contribute ) here.
I can accept PayPal donations here, or arrange something via PM, if you feel inclined.
That would be fantastic.
- Exit FTL. The game must NOT be running. (It can be at the Main Menu if you're careful.)
- Double-click FTLProfileEditor.exe (Windows).
Or FTLProfileEditor.command (Mac/Linux).
- On the first run, you may be prompted to locate your FTL data file. This is called "data.dat" in the "resources" directory under your FTL install. In most cases, this should be located automatically.
- Switch to the appropriate tab: "Profile" or "Saved Game".
- Open a profile (ae_prof.sav / prof.sav) or saved game (continue.sav).
- Make any desired changes.
- Save, and close the editor.
- Fire up FTL and try out your new ship.
- Link: Java (1.6 or higher).
- Link: FTL (1.01-1.03.1 or 1.5.4-1.5.13, Windows/OSX/Linux, Steam/GOG/Standalone).
- WinXP SP1 can't run Java 1.7.
(1.7 was built with VisualStudio 2010, causing a DecodePointer error.)
To get 1.6, you may have to google "jdk-6u45-windows-i586.exe".
- Paste the contents of "profile-editor-log.txt" between [ code ] tags in a reply on this thread.
- - -
After 3 months of inactivity on github stalled the release of v12, I started this new thread to continue managing the project. Here's a link to the previous thread.