SUGGESTIONS and ideas for improving FTL

General discussion about the game.
EdenNov

Re: SUGGESTIONS for improving FTL

Postby EdenNov » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:11 am

Revvwm wrote:I'm still not sure how the Teleporter gets you crew members though... Do they surrender at some point or what? Or do you refer to the blue events only?

There are the blue options, but also killing the crew gives you a higher chance of receiving crew members (I think like 10-20 percent or something)
spacecadet13

Re: SUGGESTIONS and ideas for improving FTL

Postby spacecadet13 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Autofire is available for each weapon? Explain, please. 'Cause in my FTL game, when autofire is on, it applies to all weapons, and when its off, no weapon autofires.
SleepyMage

Re: SUGGESTIONS for improving FTL

Postby SleepyMage » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Revvwm wrote:
SleepyMage wrote: Events where enemies board your ship are not supposed to be lucrative, just unlucky. They are easy enough to deal with most of the time, so having a potential surrender option turns this from a constant bad but relatively harmless thing into a almost always good event. If it happened like 10% of the time then that wouldn't be too unbalanced.

Yes of course that wouldn't happen all the time, perhaps having a Health Station level 2 at least would be required to have prisoners join the crew as well... It's just an idea. And I've had very bad times with boarders, especially when having a crew of only 3 Zoltans!

Anyway, the interface should be the devs' top priority I think. Hopefully they plan on working on FTL a little bit longer.

Okay yes, that seems fair and a little more reasonable. Blue events encourage people to actually upgrade systems as well.

Also, I find it hard to believe that anyone argues against improving the interface. More functionality = more happy players.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:10 pm

therunawaybros615 wrote:I do not intend to be rude...

The way you shot down the suggestions was very dismisive. Please read more carefuly.

Autofire can be used for any weapon in the game, the suggestion was that it be possible to use autofire for each individual weapon on the ship, rather than just having it on or off for all weapons.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Mr_Crac

Postby Mr_Crac » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:44 pm

therunawaybros615 wrote:1. Auto fire IS available for each weapon.

No, it is not.

Out of curiosity, do the developers of this game actually implement (some of the) changes suggested by the players?
boa13

Postby boa13 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Yes it is, that's one of the changes in FTL 1.03.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Mr_Crac

Postby Mr_Crac » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:04 pm

boa13 wrote:Yes it is, that's one of the changes in FTL 1.03.

I was under the impression that people wanted to be able to switch autofire on/off for each weapon individually. That is seemingly not how it currently is.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Autofire still works as before with one new feature. If you hold the Ctrl key while targeing enemy rooms, the targeting cursor will turn yellow, and autofire will be ON for that weapon. You can set any or all weapons to autofire. Usefull if you for example want to keep one weapon downing shields constantly but manually control beams or missiles.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.