Unlocking Crystal B with style

General discussion about the game.
David Goldfarb

Unlocking Crystal B with style

Postby David Goldfarb » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:12 am

I finally managed to unlock the Crystal Cruiser. I had actually decided that I was going to have to go for the alt unlock, when at last the quest pieces lined up.

So I'm playing the Bravais, and of course I'd like to unlock the B ship. I buy a teleporter and get "No Escape" easily enough. The other two both seem a lot harder: with a 10% chance on the Crystal Vengeance, what are the chances of scoring a kill with it? I decide to try for "Clash of Titans", and go for several runs trying to get as many Rock ships as I can.

On the latest run, I don't get the achievement, but at least I'm winning the game. I'm on phase 3 of the flagship, with my hull at 50%, and it on its last legs: no shields (shield room entirely on fire!), only two crew (most of them have suffocated trying to board me). I'm just waiting for my hull laser to charge up one last time.

And then the flagship uses its superweapon. My cloak is still on cooldown, so I can't avoid it. Some of the laser bursts get through...and hey, look: a chunk of my ship just broke off and made the kill. Sweet Revenge, on the end-stage flagship no less! I win the game, and get the achievement and unlock. I think that's worth some style points.
PiratedChaos

Re: Unlocking Crystal B with style

Postby PiratedChaos » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:31 pm

The real question is, why do you still have a useless augment like Crystal Vengeance at the flagship fight? ;)
Won on Hard: All ships! :D
Won on CE Hard: Kestrel A, Engi C, Federation B, Zoltan C, Slug A, Rock B