5thHorseman's Playthroughs of Each Ship

Share and discuss FTL-related videos here.
RAD-82

Re: 5thHorseman's Playthroughs of Each Ship

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:05 am

5thHorseman wrote:instead ... reasoning between

I'm not saying mind control instead of a bomb, I'm saying mind control AND a bomb. You had the scrap for it, but you spent it on upgrading the weapon system instead. I thought you didn't get mind control because I thought that you were holding out for a cloaking system.

5thHorseman wrote:They put those fires out FAST.

When you bombed the shields, they sent three people to deal with the fire. When you bombed the medbay, they only had two people fight the fire, which allowed you to make progress. I don't know if they neglected the medbay because you had boarders distracting them or if they just didn't feel it necessary to send more people to deal with that system.

There are so many of those "what if" scenarios that I'll just stop talking now and wait for the next game. 8-)
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:18 am

RAD-82 wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:instead ... reasoning between

I'm not saying mind control instead of a bomb, I'm saying mind control AND a bomb. You had the scrap for it, but you spent it on upgrading the weapon system instead. I thought you didn't get mind control because I thought that you were holding out for a cloaking system.

To know what I was thinking in that case, I'd have to watch it again and I can't right now, sadly. I'm guessing I tunnel-visioned that I wanted weapons upgraded. I'd happily fire bomb + mind control. Don't even need the teleporter any more with that one :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:07 am

I was wondering if you were going to forget how to get the Slug cruiser, and again it slipped through your fingers. ;)
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:35 pm

I should just break down and have the wiki open while I play. :D
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

Xen0n

Postby Xen0n » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:21 am

Watched your playthrough of the Mercenary Cruiser, when you bought the drone system I was practically screaming "UPGRADE IT YOU CAN'T USE THE DEFENSE DRONE YET!!". But really, nice videos. Subscribed ;)
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:59 pm

5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:16 am

The Captain wrote:Re: episode 94

Did you really just totally not see the Clone Bay sitting in the first Systems slot at the store??? :shock: :lol:

Yes. I really did just :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:27 pm

Great Shivan start, but your oxygen is in the wrong room. I can't consider this a vanilla run. :P

edit: Did I say great start? I guess I spoke too soon. Ion storms can be quite nasty. :(

edit2: The Vortex is also messed up. I haven't looked at the Shiny mod, but I think that is probably the cause.

I don't think I've seen so many misses at the start of the game. So unlucky. :o

edit3: The Clone Bay and Oxygen systems have been switched in your Tetragon. :(

edit4: The Artillery and Medbay have been swapped in the Nisos.

edit5: The Stormwalker starting systems are in the right rooms, but I can still complain. :P
The rooms on the slug ships have been centered with the hull. That's a minor gameplay alteration when dealing with incoming shots. I really don't like how the Shiny mod alters gameplay related things, which I believe it borrowed from the sM Polish Kit mod. It was supposed to be a UI mod, but unfortunately, it is a gameplay mod because of all of these ship changes.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:01 pm

Re: Fed B, ep 142

I strongly disagree about ditching the Dual Lasers to buy a third Flak Gun Mk I, which you couldn't even use. When you already have one Flak, I think keeping around two accurate shots for one power would have been a much better choice. Might have made a big difference in taking out the side weapons room on the Rock ship that did so much damage to you near the end. Also, it would have given you three weapons to use at Weapons L5, rather than having to wait for L6 to get all three Flaks online. And not spending that scrap could have meant buying L5.

The potential to have four Flaks and an Artillery Beam isn't worth a damn if you die before you can even get to use the third Flak.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:56 am

The Captain wrote:Re: Fed B, ep 142

I strongly disagree about ditching the Dual Lasers to buy a third Flak Gun Mk I, which you couldn't even use. When you already have one Flak, I think keeping around two accurate shots for one power would have been a much better choice. Might have made a big difference in taking out the side weapons room on the Rock ship that did so much damage to you near the end. Also, it would have given you three weapons to use at Weapons L5, rather than having to wait for L6 to get all three Flaks online. And not spending that scrap could have meant buying L5.

The potential to have four Flaks and an Artillery Beam isn't worth a damn if you die before you can even get to use the third Flak.

Yeah but I really really like that potential :D

But you're right. Selling the dual was a mistake. I sometimes get blinded by my favorite weapons though (See an earlier episode where a too-early vulcan purchase spelled my doom).
My Videos - MY MOD HUB