[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Nikanator

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby Nikanator » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:04 am

I need some help with installing the mod. Download went easy enough, as did the download of Slipstream, and I put the infinite space folder into the mod folder in slipstream, but it's not showing up in the mod manager for me to patch it. What have I done wrong?
Theyhatin89

Postby Theyhatin89 » Sun May 31, 2015 9:38 pm

I cant seem to disable infinite space, even when i deleted it, and when i didnt have any mods active. :cry: Anyone know how to fix it?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 31, 2015 9:50 pm

Reinstall the game or check the game cache integrity on Steam.
Theyhatin89

Postby Theyhatin89 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:22 pm

stylesrj wrote:Reinstall the game or check the game cache integrity on Steam.
I deleted the game and reinstalled it. i also deleted infinite space, and ran a different overhaul. it still showed as infinite space. Also, after i deleted it, i had every mod off, and clicked patch. it still was infinite space
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:29 pm

Theyhatin89 wrote:I deleted the game and reinstalled it. i also deleted infinite space, and ran a different overhaul. it still showed as infinite space. Also, after i deleted it, i had every mod off, and clicked patch. it still was infinite space

Did you delete the backups Slipstream saved?

Because they might still have Infinite Space on it. Delete the backups, reinstall the game again and run Slipstream again.
Theyhatin89

Postby Theyhatin89 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:15 am

stylesrj wrote:
Theyhatin89 wrote:I deleted the game and reinstalled it. i also deleted infinite space, and ran a different overhaul. it still showed as infinite space. Also, after i deleted it, i had every mod off, and clicked patch. it still was infinite space

Did you delete the backups Slipstream saved?

Because they might still have Infinite Space on it. Delete the backups, reinstall the game again and run Slipstream again.

ah, i see. is there a certain file i have to delete in the backups?
because i see two kinds of backups. and im not sure what to delete

Example: I see a file called "Current_catalog" when i open it. it shows all the code for the mods i have. including infinite space
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:19 am

Delete everything in the backup folder. The game will generate new ones upon the next patching. Just make sure Infinite Space isn't already loaded.
Theyhatin89

Postby Theyhatin89 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:21 am

stylesrj wrote:Delete everything in the backup folder. The game will generate new ones upon the next patching. Just make sure Infinite Space isn't already loaded.

sorry, im new to modding. but thanks
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:35 am

All good now? No more stray mods?

It happens to us all I guess if we don't watch our backups. I once had a Fleet Delay mod I once made that got caught as a vanilla file (I switched from Grognak to Slipstream). So every time I played without mods, I'd begin with a 15000 jump head start. :lol:
And there was a ship called the Nexus caught in it as well.
Blocktopia9

Postby Blocktopia9 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:10 pm

I'm really pissed at this mod right now. I tried about 10 games with this mod on EASY and was killed before I made it to sector 3. Every time from a ship with 3 layer shields. And crazy weapons like chain vulcans and burst laser mk 3s. Woud not recommend to any of my other FTL playing friends.