[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Pyrrha

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby Pyrrha » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:05 pm

so been testing using my personal fav the basilisk on normal

had a few planet events worked well bit 2 much scrap on the good planet maybe lower to about 50 unless there is a bad event that happens then i would leave it for risk reward. only got nothing or paradise.

all zoltan ships encountered so far with super shield i guess i must have been only getting the one without sheilds on last play through :? guess we can count that as fixed.

slug interceptor is too easy a fight, really needs doors to its o2 room and engine. all i do is hit o2 and wait for scrap :D can you make the bigger slug ship the aggressor with the mad zoltan event.

any chance you could make diplo/ black market events a chance to cause a ship attack randomly would also be nice to get to pick of of 3 crew members if you get a very good diplo result. maybe something like :-

10% chance pick of 3 "this station is dead peaple are desperate to leave"
70% chance random crew
20% chance of causing a fight with a random ship "insults a rock captain" "trys to steal slave from slug interceptor"
"knocks a human pirates drink over" you get my drift

i would like to see more stations selling weapons poss notice this more with basilisk. i dont really know if it will balance well as you have all the time to roll the rng to get a weapons station.

could you add a counter as a way of scaling each final sector jump +1 to counter and upgrade ships at certain ammounts. not really a programmer but just throwing the idea out there.

thanks for fixes :D
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:47 am

Pyrrha wrote:so been testing using my personal fav the basilisk on normal

had a few planet events worked well bit 2 much scrap on the good planet maybe lower to about 50 unless there is a bad event that happens then i would leave it for risk reward. only got nothing or paradise.

all zoltan ships encountered so far with super shield i guess i must have been only getting the one without sheilds on last play through :? guess we can count that as fixed.

slug interceptor is too easy a fight, really needs doors to its o2 room and engine. all i do is hit o2 and wait for scrap :D can you make the bigger slug ship the aggressor with the mad zoltan event.

any chance you could make diplo/ black market events a chance to cause a ship attack randomly would also be nice to get to pick of of 3 crew members if you get a very good diplo result. maybe something like :-

10% chance pick of 3 "this station is dead peaple are desperate to leave"
70% chance random crew
20% chance of causing a fight with a random ship "insults a rock captain" "trys to steal slave from slug interceptor"
"knocks a human pirates drink over" you get my drift

i would like to see more stations selling weapons poss notice this more with basilisk. i dont really know if it will balance well as you have all the time to roll the rng to get a weapons station.

could you add a counter as a way of scaling each final sector jump +1 to counter and upgrade ships at certain ammounts. not really a programmer but just throwing the idea out there.

thanks for fixes :D

Colonizable Planet reward will be lowered. Yes there is a chance for a ship to attack while you're scanning, also scanning instead of exploring will never get you ship specific augments.

Slug Interceptor can appear in Civilian Sector, so I didn't want to make it too strong, but I've looked at the Slug ships and I think I can make them stronger in general, will do for next release.

The Crew Event at new sector will be updated to be more dynamic based on feedback. Likely will not make it in next release though.

I thought only one store per Deep Space sector would make it challenging, but it seems that people will just blow through the sector hunting for stores, so I'll look at this more.

I cannot add a counter with XML Modding only. I thought about using the Fuel as this counter, and adjusting all the events to give back 1 fuel per jump, and only increasing the number when you go to a new sector, however it would remove lots of other functionality. Like running out of fuel, or any event that gives fuel, etc.

Keep the feedback coming, and look for a new build tomorrow.
Mj64

Postby Mj64 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:57 am

Found another Rebel Reference. After killing a auto ship defending a station you can hack it to slow the rebels or not risk it. Every bit helps I guess! :D
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:35 am

Mj64 wrote:Found another Rebel Reference. After killing a auto ship defending a station you can hack it to slow the rebels or not risk it. Every bit helps I guess! :D

I think I fixed this one. Yes every bit will help me a lot!
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:41 am

Added a new Battleship event. This will only appear once you have max shields and only in Deep Space Sectors. Future implementation of this event will allow for a more dynamic requirement so that players cannot simply avoid maxing their shields to avoid this fight. For now though, I need people to test it's strength to determine if it's too easy or hard. Please let me know what ship you're using, and why you feel it' too easy, or hard. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

For now I'm using an existing ship, but would love to make this a unique ship. I had it "working" with the boss 1 image, but it didn't fit on the screen right, and I'm not sure how to load the larger background image with XML modding only. If another modder knows, please help me with this, and I can change the Battleship to the existing boss 1 image. Otherwise, maybe another modder would like to have their unique ship design be the Battleship. Actually, I would love to have multiple ships for this, so anyone wanting to give me their existing ship, I would be glad to include it in this mod.
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:52 am

Whale Cancer wrote:I am going to be releasing part of my FotF mod which adds cruisers (i.e. the player ships) as enemy ships soon. You could re-jig this a bit and use them as 'very hard' ships.

I believe I have a solution to higher end ship scaling, and would love to use any new ships you would like to see in this mod. These new ships will be the most powerful, and hopefully challenging ships in FTL Infinite Space. Let me know if this offer still stands. Thanks!
canshow

Postby canshow » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Well, I tried using GMM to install the mod, but it failed to patch, something about the file not being a zip file.
I tried placing the data.dat in the resources folder, but that didn't work either...
filip15100

Postby filip15100 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:02 pm

canshow wrote:Well, I tried using GMM to install the mod, but it failed to patch, something about the file not being a zip file.
I tried placing the data.dat in the resources folder, but that didn't work either...

It seems like the owner of this mod don't really know how to do this GMM thing, I don't blame him as I can't either, but he should try to get this properly done. I've tried to change it to a zip file with the .ftl extension, but he just put the data.dat folder in there, so it didn't work. As far as I know you can put only the unpacked files from the resource file in there, but I don't really know, this is up to the modmaker to fix.
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:24 pm

canshow wrote:Well, I tried using GMM to install the mod, but it failed to patch, something about the file not being a zip file.

I have not tested the GMM version, and probably shouldn't have posted it. I followed the Instructions for Devs here http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2464

As for the data.dat file, you aren't the first person to have issues with it. I honestly can't tell you what the issue is, it works fine for me, however I will try and figure out what is going on.
DrkTemplar

Postby DrkTemplar » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:27 pm

filip15100 wrote:

It seems like the owner of this mod don't really know how to do this GMM thing, I don't blame him as I can't either, but he should try to get this properly done. I've tried to change it to a zip file with the .ftl extension, but he just put the data.dat folder in there, so it didn't work. As far as I know you can put only the unpacked files from the resource file in there, but I don't really know, this is up to the modmaker to fix.

Per the instructions, you should include the "data" folder if you are including files in data.dat. I will look into this.