[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:50 pm

solunareclipse1 wrote:Just a summary on how stable my edits are:
I have encountered ZERO problems thus far.

Based on the file you posted, all you managed to accomplish was adding a few drones to the game. The only way you would see any weapons from this is if you modded a ship to start with them.

Weapons and drones have a <rarity> value. All of the advanced weapons in Infinite Space are set to zero, to prevent them from randomly appearing, so that they can only be acquired through specific Infinite Space events.

My ability to test mods is currently absent. My brother's laptop that I used died a few weeks ago and I don't feel like installing Java and Slipstream onto a tablet that I have available.

Here is my blind attempt at making the weapon pack: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yyxa1 ... n_Pack.ftl

I hope I didn't forget anything.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
solunareclipse1

Postby solunareclipse1 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:04 pm

RAD-82 wrote:
solunareclipse1 wrote:Just a summary on how stable my edits are:
I have encountered ZERO problems thus far.

Based on the file you posted, all you managed to accomplish was adding a few drones to the game. The only way you would see any weapons from this is if you modded a ship to start with them.

Weapons and drones have a <rarity> value. All of the advanced weapons in Infinite Space are set to zero, to prevent them from randomly appearing, so that they can only be acquired through specific Infinite Space events.

My ability to test mods is currently absent. My brother's laptop that I used died a few weeks ago and I don't feel like installing Java and Slipstream onto a tablet that I have available.

Here is my blind attempt at making the weapon pack: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yyxa1 ... n_Pack.ftl

I hope I didn't forget anything.

:lol: yeah good point rarity is kinda important! anyway i just wanted it so i could use a ship that started with an adv. burst laser on CE infinite. i hope i helped a little bit anyway :D

EDIT: also forgot to say thanks :roll:
~Sol
bnsfc

Postby bnsfc » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:13 am

I can never get the Mini boss's to fight me, even when I'm using a slightly op ship (the zoltan flag ship mod). is it because its two powerful or am I doing something wrong?
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:33 pm

To encounter a mini-boss at the start of a sector, you need to have Level 6+ Shields. If you want to fight them, then you need to have Level 4+ Engines.

I'm guessing you need to upgrade your engines.
bnsfc

Postby bnsfc » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:54 am

Ah, thx. I only had 3 lvls of engines
Pookster

Postby Pookster » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:00 pm

Hey man, sorry for asking really late, but I have a quick question. I'm not sure if it is a quest added in IS, but I can't find info for it elsewhere. In it, you go to a quest beacon, wait in line whilst a small ship buzzes around, a ship attacks, you attack it and rescue the water magnate's daughter. After this you go to a marked beacon, but when I got there, it just told me there was no-one around, not even a station. DId I do something wrong, or is it just an anti-climactic quest. It was a lot of effort to kill all the crew and save the ship, so it seems a bit underwhelming. Thx
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:49 am

Pookster wrote:Hey man, sorry for asking really late, but I have a quick question. I'm not sure if it is a quest added in IS, but I can't find info for it elsewhere. In it, you go to a quest beacon, wait in line whilst a small ship buzzes around, a ship attacks, you attack it and rescue the water magnate's daughter. After this you go to a marked beacon, but when I got there, it just told me there was no-one around, not even a station. DId I do something wrong, or is it just an anti-climactic quest. It was a lot of effort to kill all the crew and save the ship, so it seems a bit underwhelming. Thx

It sounds like you are still playing the pre-Advanced Edition version (0.5.3) of Infinite Space. This event wasn't properly coded in that version.

When AE came out, IS didn't quite play like it used to. I updated IS for AE, to make it play a lot like it used to, but I also made a few minor changes and bug fixes. Go back to this post for the link: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3542&start=980#p78876
Whoopty

Postby Whoopty » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:52 pm

I'm the guy who wrote the extra event quests and the meta quests to find the water generator and a few other augments for Infinite Space. The idea was to eventually collect them all and then have a big boss battle while at the disadvantage of not having useful augments to help you.

I'm not sure how much of that was ever implemented, but I have all of the text I wrote for it. If anyone is ever interested in putting together those last major events for it, let me know and I'll get the text to you.
IllNameItLater

Postby IllNameItLater » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:56 am

I'm not getting .ftl files. Instead I get two folders, a data folder containing XML Documents and APPEND files. and a img folder containing three other folders with PNG files in them. Anyone know what's going on?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:48 pm

Your browser seems to automatically unpack the mod file (which is essentially a zip file) after downloading. You can fix this compress the image and data folder into a new mod file. SMM will recognize it as a mod if you rename the file ending to .ftl