Anyway to have burst(flak) type weapon not aim outside any rooms.

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Jaded Wrath

Anyway to have burst(flak) type weapon not aim outside any rooms.

Postby Jaded Wrath » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:18 am

Right now my custom flak weapon functions however i don't like that it misses because they are targeting outside the rooms.
Originally i was using missiles type weapon in salvos of 6 however that cause problems with the game, so i had to change to flak, is their anyway to increase its reliability?
meklozz

Re: Anyway to have burst(flak) type weapon not aim outside any rooms.

Postby meklozz » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:28 am

You can make radius value 1, they'll just target room centers (responded similarly on steam forums). You can make them take missiles or not, get shot by defense drones or not, pierce shields or not.. one thing I don't think you can do is stagger the shots as if shooting a BL III or something, the BURST type weapons seem to only be able to shoot everything at once. Swarm Missile can by virtue of being a charge weapon, but with artillery that will just shoot the moment it can, which makes that pointless.
Jaded Wrath

Postby Jaded Wrath » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:05 am

meklozz wrote:You can make radius value 1, they'll just target room centers (responded similarly on steam forums). You can make them take missiles or not, get shot by defense drones or not, pierce shields or not.. one thing I don't think you can do is stagger the shots as if shooting a BL III or something, the BURST type weapons seem to only be able to shoot everything at once. Swarm Missile can by virtue of being a charge weapon, but with artillery that will just shoot the moment it can, which makes that pointless.

Ah yep this works now that I'm doing it correctly, Thanks!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:29 pm

Related funfact: Room squares are 35x35pixels large, so any radius below 17,5 should work, in case you don't want your projectiles to fly pinpoint accurate at the same spot each time. ;)