[Question] Weapon Fire Rate

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
gentasaurus

[Question] Weapon Fire Rate

Postby gentasaurus » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:43 am

Is there any way to change how rapidly a weapon fires? aka the amount of time between each individual shot?

I have a charge laser with up to 10 chargeable shots, and when that fires, it's extremely quick.
On the other hand, I have a non-chargeable laser with 10 shots. They don't fire nearly as quickly as the other one.

I understand <speed> changes the speed of the laser, but what about the weapon fire rate? Is there a way to change that?
Image Image ImageImage
Sleeper Service

Re: [Question] Weapon Fire Rate

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:48 am

As far as I can tell there is no way to change that, although you can try playing around with animation time of the fire animation, I haven't checked whether that affects fire intervals. That is the only thing I can think of that might affect fire rate, otherwise its just hard-coded with some apparent differences between charged and normal weapons.
gentasaurus

Re: [Question] Weapon Fire Rate

Postby gentasaurus » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:32 am

Sleeper Service wrote:As far as I can tell there is no way to change that, although you can try playing around with animation time of the fire animation, I haven't checked whether that affects fire intervals. That is the only thing I can think of that might affect fire rate, otherwise its just hard-coded with some apparent differences between charged and normal weapons.

Messing with the animation doesn't seem to change anything. I think there are fixed fire rates for different types of weapons. Thanks, Sleeper.
Image Image ImageImage