FTL: The Prelude (?) help and you get lots of credit!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Stormbringer

FTL: The Prelude (?) help and you get lots of credit!

Postby Stormbringer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:59 am

hello! I would like to unveil an idea! FTL: Before the War.
Its basically an FTL overhaul idea where all rebel ships are replaced by mantis ships. the rebel flagship? I'm thinking that its a slug-crystal-rock-mantis hybrid ship. I already have a ship img idea dont worry.
I will need a lot of help. I need people to help me redesign events e.g. rebel events-mantis events, rebel strongholds/rebel controlled to coalition (Rock, mantis, slug and crystal alliance) sectors.
Since I have never done this before, I would appreciate as much help editing events. Dont worry. if you help, I will personally thank you and give you a name in the main menu thingy.
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
stylesrj

Re: FTL: The Prelude (?) help and you get lots of credit!

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:35 am

I think there was a mod a while back called the "Foundation Of The Federation" which did something similar, except that you had to stay ahead of the Fleet because they too were exploring the galaxy and you wouldn't benefit from the events if the Fleet caught up.
I think there the final boss would be a 3-phase battle with various enemy flagships that imitated the Rebel Flagship but would be different.
Although come to think of it, that would mean you'd be facing the Engies in Phase 2 and Zoltan in Phase 3... test of strength?
Stormbringer

Re: FTL: The Prelude (?) help and you get lots of credit!

Postby Stormbringer » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:02 am

stylesrj wrote:I think there was a mod a while back called the "Foundation Of The Federation" which did something similar, except that you had to stay ahead of the Fleet because they too were exploring the galaxy and you wouldn't benefit from the events if the Fleet caught up.
I think there the final boss would be a 3-phase battle with various enemy flagships that imitated the Rebel Flagship but would be different.
Although come to think of it, that would mean you'd be facing the Engies in Phase 2 and Zoltan in Phase 3... test of strength?

not like that at all. I actually have a coalition cruiser already. link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e4gd4 ... dstorm.ftl

ship img

http://www.mediafire.com/view/y9zbf5yy9 ... gdsgdf.png
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016