[TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.95 11th Jan] Open source!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
StealthCl0wn

Re: [MOD TOOL][WIP] FTL Ship editor

Postby StealthCl0wn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Brilliant, this means I can start experimenting.

Can I add four-pad teleporters to ships OTHER than the mantis cruiser B btw?
tazardar

Postby tazardar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:00 am

StealthCl0wn wrote:Brilliant, this means I can start experimenting.

That is worth investigating. There is no variable for amount of people teleported, so i guess that it just depends on the room size. If thats the case, one could build a 1/2/4/6/9-pad teleporter. But i have to run some tests on that. I'll get back to you.
jaded samurai

Postby jaded samurai » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:12 am

@StealthCl0wn:
Crystalline B also has a 2x2 teleporter.
The_Parasite

Postby The_Parasite » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:35 pm

is it finished enough for a link yet?
is looking VERY much forward to try it out :)
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:29 pm

tazardar wrote:That is worth investigating. There is no variable for amount of people teleported, so i guess that it just depends on the room size. If thats the case, one could build a 1/2/4/6/9-pad teleporter. But i have to run some tests on that. I'll get back to you.

iirc, someone else said that rooms greater than 2x2 cause pathing issues in-game, so I don't think 6 or 9 pads would work.

Has anyone yet tested adding multiple rooms to see how those work with damage/usage/disabling/etc?
tazardar

Postby tazardar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Small update:
Had some serious problems with creating XML fragments. That is now resolved, but means that I'll probably not be able to release today.
I have some other things to do first, but I'm going to test the bigger rooms and multisystem thingy. My best guess is that multiple systems is not possible and that only the last in the xml is used.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:43 pm

StealthCl0wn wrote:Brilliant, this means I can start experimenting.

Yes, you can have rooms of arbitrary dimensions. And teleporter rooms get a pad on each cell. Rooms bigger than 2x2 have game balance issues (lol 6 crewman in this room will always outnumber borders) and, as others have noted, some path-finding silliness (MUST RUN TO NORTHWEST CORNER OF ROOM!).
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Whale Cancer wrote:...as others have noted, some path-finding silliness (MUST RUN TO NORTHWEST CORNER OF ROOM!).

There's some code which you typically only see crop up in the "medbay" section that can affect how crew are arranged in a room. Not sure exactly how it works but might be worth looking into.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Kieve wrote:
Whale Cancer wrote:...as others have noted, some path-finding silliness (MUST RUN TO NORTHWEST CORNER OF ROOM!).

There's some code which you typically only see crop up in the "medbay" section that can affect how crew are arranged in a room. Not sure exactly how it works but might be worth looking into.

I believe the code you are referring to is the code that sets where the computer station is. I don't think this affects non-mannable rooms. For the medbay, the code is reused, but in this case it creates the slot that cannot be occupied.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Whale Cancer wrote:
Kieve wrote:

I believe the code you are referring to is the code that sets where the computer station is. I don't think this affects non-mannable rooms. For the medbay, the code is reused, but in this case it creates the slot that cannot be occupied.

That's what I mean though. Although I suppose I can see where creating non-occupied spots in a large room would defeat the point of having said room. It was a one-off thought that I figured might help counteract the weirdness of oversized spaces.