[HELP] Clonebay and Medbay Question

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
sleepz8

[HELP] Clonebay and Medbay Question

Postby sleepz8 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:22 am

So I want to make a boarding ship with BOTH a Medbay and a Clonebay (med to keep health up, clone as back-up). However, FTL seems to only allow one of them, even though i've put them in separate rooms. So my question is:

Is there anyway to have a Medbay and Clonebay simultaneously?

I had a quick google and looked through some of the game files, but couldn't find anything. Is it changeable, or hard-coded and unchangeable?

Thanks in advance for your help!
NarnKar

Re: [HELP] Clonebay and Medbay Question

Postby NarnKar » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:31 am

short answer: no

medium answer: no, you can't do it

longer answer: no, the medbay and clonebay are hardcoded to replace each other; you cannot have both on the same ship at the same time. this is a limitation that standard FTL modding cannot work around, short of creating a clone project or using DLL injection, which are very advanced methods.

tl;dr no
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:35 am

Ah, thats a shame.... Thanks anyway :)
sleepz8

Postby sleepz8 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:48 am

Another quick question if anyone's around.

How do you change where artillery beams fire from? I've just copied everything over from the Osprey, but it keeps firing above my ship when i would like it to be central?

EDIT: found it! i need 5 weapons mounts, I only had 3 :L
Braxbro

Postby Braxbro » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:03 pm

sleepz8 wrote:Another quick question if anyone's around.

How do you change where artillery beams fire from? I've just copied everything over from the Osprey, but it keeps firing above my ship when i would like it to be central?

EDIT: found it! i need 5 weapons mounts, I only had 3 :L

Yeah, you need one extra than your ship will have for weapons; the Artillery takes the last (I believe... it's either that or the first, though I'm pretty sure it's the last) slot's location.

And if you will have more than one (Don't, if you hate mild bugs) you may need more extras.

You don't need five, if you are making a 3/3 ship with an Artillery, you merely need four.
Kestrel A,B,C - Engi A,B,C - Stealth A - Zoltan A,B

Mantis board your teleporter. "They definitely can't just teleport us back onto our ship... these fleshy meatsacks are too dumb..."

"If we have AI, why not artificial stupidity?"