[Mod Concept] BRING THE NOISE!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

[Mod Concept] BRING THE NOISE!

Postby stylesrj » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:46 am

There's been a whole lot of ship mods where you have overpowered, underpowered, ion, teleporting and abducting weapons but you know what FTL is lacking?

A ship that uses music as as a weapon!
Where's the Dubstep Gun in all of this? Or anything related to using music as a weapon. Why is everything all Buzz and pew pew pew? Mix it up!

I'm terrible with modding sounds and I don't know anything about weaponising dubstep or mixing my own, so that's why I'm asking you, the community for the idea.

Here's what I suggest:

You have a Kestrel with 2 weapons. You time the weapon cooldowns to the music, keep them on autofire and hope no one buys an autoloader (also, make no mannable station in Weapons to maintain weapon timing purity)
1) Bass Beam - You drop this one and it fires every seconds, making a buzzing sound that all music plays to.
2) Wub Laser - Like a Burst Laser, fires 3 shots every few seconds

What do you think?
Chrono Vortex

Re: [Mod Concept] BRING THE NOISE!

Postby Chrono Vortex » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:25 am

3) March Missile - Gotta have some way to remake Hell March 1.

I think music based weapons would go well in some sort of weird Guitar Hero total conversion, but they seem a little out there to be put in FTL by themselves.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:24 pm

R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6apGNCWecqw

Anyway, I thought about this as well, I also thought about an event that requires you to use a special weapon that does nothing much then make a sound (well it'll do damage on the 'beacon/satellite receiver' and it'll give a menu option to basic say some possible answers that you can only know if you used the weapon (lets say the weapon only beeps x times, in this case it beeps 3 times and the event says how many times it beeped, 2, 3, 4, or 5 times, selecting right one will give you a large reward, getting it wrong will cause issues.)
Just another sound specific weapon I had in mind. you get the weapon and it leads to an adjacent beacon quest.

Another thing was to have a 'weapon' that is just a captains log.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.