Weapon Template

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Chrono Vortex

Weapon Template

Postby Chrono Vortex » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:44 am

I've always thought it would be nice to have a template for everything in FTL just to make modding a little easier by removing the need to dig up particular values and what they do. This simple file is essentially an extension of the guide for creating weapons, which adds a weapon that can hopefully serve as a good foundation for others as it already contains every value a weapon blueprint could have. There are also descriptions of what most of the values do for those who are newer to modding, but more more detail you should refer the guide for creating weapons. All the structure for the files, blueprints, animations and sounds are there and ready to be built off of.

Download here.

If you come up with something that would make this a little more useful, a value I missed or any suggestions at all, do tell.
Last edited by Chrono Vortex on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
steamtex

Re: Weapon Template

Postby steamtex » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:43 pm

Suggestion:

Determines the damage done to crew in addition to basic damage. 1 = 15, 2 = 30, etc.

Flak. Not Flack. Flack is a public relations agent. Or advertising.
Chrono Vortex

Re: Weapon Template

Postby Chrono Vortex » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:38 am

That's what I meant! The collection of projectiles fired by a public relations agent. I'm not just some idiot you know...
ANYWAYS, I added the multiplication factor for the crew damage value. I wasn't sure what it was before you said so, so thanks.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage