[WIP][SHIP] Halo Promethean Warships

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
L'cie

[WIP][SHIP] Halo Promethean Warships

Postby L'cie » Wed May 20, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi guys, here are the details for some ships I'm planning to make. They will all be based on the Ur-Didacts ship in Halo 4, Mantle's Approach this is my first mod so it could take a while, but I do think I've finalised the stats and systems. For the purpose of this mod crystals are used as Forerunner Prometheans, and lanius as AIs

Mantle's Approach
Installed systems:
Reactor: 17
Shield: level 8 (4 layers)
Artillery/Custom: Level 1
Composer: Anti-bio beam, pierce 3 shield layers, kill anything that's not a rock in one strike, takes 45 seconds to charge (if I can't figure out how to make an artillery, I'll make this a four power weapon)
Weapons: level 4
Burst laser II
Heavy laser I
Heavy laser I
Ion blast
Engine: level 1
Oxygen: level 1
MedBay: level 2
Piloting: level 1
Doors: level 2
Sensors: level 3
Crew:
Rock (Ur-Didact)
Crystal
Crystal
Crystal
Augments
Long-Ranged scanners
Titanium system casing

Mantle's Salvation: an alternative version, designed to assist in the Lifeworkers conservation measure
Installed systems:
Reactor: 17
Shield: level 2 (1 layer)
Weapons: level 1
Ion blast
Drone: level 1
Combat drone 1
Engine: level 5
Oxygen: level 2
Teleport (4 person): level 3
CloneBay: level 3
Piloting: level 2
Sensors: level 1
Crew:
Crystal (Iso-Didact)
Lanius (Offensive Bias)
Human
Human
Augments
Long-Ranged Scanners
Zoltan Shield

Mantle's Descent: a weakened version of the ship, captured by the flood
Installed Systems
Reactor: 9
Shield: level 2 (1 layer)
Weapons: level 1
Engine: level 1
Oxygen: level 1
Teleport: level 2
Hacking: level 2
Mind Control: level 2
Piloting: level 1
Doors: level 2
Crew:
Lanius (Medicant Bias)
Slug
Mantis
Augments:
Zoltan shield bypass

Leave opinions or comments below, and yes I know the first two are stupidly OP. If anyone wants to help, they can and credit will be given.
stylesrj

Re: [WIP][SHIP] Halo Promethean Warships

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 21, 2015 12:07 am

Well I'm not a big fan of the whole Forerunner Arc of Halo (I liked it best back when it was just the one game and three books) as it gets too complicated and Expanded universe reliant fast but well... that's me being bitter. So here's me being supportive of an idea a lot of people would want to see:

I recommend you make them automated ships and you add the crew in via events. That way you can name them after Halo characters instead of people trying to make assumptions and it sort of makes sense that they're automated vessels.

How to do that? *points to my various mods where I do just that*
Should be easy enough. Reword the dialogue and names of the events (change ZRPC to Forerunner) and you've got your desired crew and an OP ship made more OP by being automated. Win! [/shameless shilling]
L'cie

Postby L'cie » Thu May 21, 2015 1:17 am

Excellent idea. I'll do auto ships with crew first however, so I can get a version up and running without having to learn how to change events
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 21, 2015 1:32 am

To make an auto ship, there must not be any crew in the first place. And you can't just go to a store and buy more crew later on. So you'll need events to script your favoured crew onto the ships. Like I did with my Zoltan warships
L'cie

Postby L'cie » Thu May 21, 2015 1:41 am

Thanks for the help, I'll keep that in mind when I make them
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 21, 2015 1:51 am

L'cie wrote:Thanks for the help, I'll keep that in mind when I make them

Happy to help :)

Just so you know, automated ships are always manned so you don't even need a pilot (although having one won't hurt) and repair slowly. Hull breaches will prevent auto-repairs though, so keep in mind if you decide that you want to isolate a system or something.

Or you could deliberately weaken a system by stacking it with another. One can be fixed, the other cannot and will repair slowly...