Events Question

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Anthonest

Events Question

Postby Anthonest » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:32 am

So ive been trying to make events for my upcomming mod FTL: The Arcadian War but i have no idea how to load ships in, for example theres a Federation vs Rebel event that has the line of code

Code: Select all

SHIP LOAD=REBEL_VS_FEDERATION

Now it would be logical to assume this ship is found somewhere in blueprints and its title is REBEL_VS_FEDERATION, or some place. But this is no where to be found there is absolutly no trace of whatever this ship comes from in any of the data files, and if i try to put a regular ship code in (For example, SHIP LOAD= REBEL_SQUAT) it crashes the game.

My co-modder R4V3-0N told me that the ship could possibly be in a list (like a weapons list but for ships) but again, code is no where to be found. Can someone tell me where this long lost code may be? Or better yet tell me how to ditch the code and load a regular ship up without the game crashing? Thanks.
RAD-82

Re: Events Question

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:29 am

REBEL_VS_FEDERATION is in events_ships.xml.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Abs

Postby Abs » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:13 am

As someone who is going through replacing events for his mod right now, I really recommend getting Windows Grep. It allows you to search multiple text files for a string, and it will find all instances of it in very little time. It makes your life so much easier.

Abs
Click to go to the mod's facebook page for the latest updates!
OneShot17

Postby OneShot17 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:11 pm

However if you use a Mac than that would probably not work for you. I would probably find a text editor that has multi-file search and just open up all the events xml files and search them all. On a mac this would be TextWrangler. On a PC, notepad++ can probably do it (I wouldn't really know because I don't use PCs that often)
Awesome Warlord

Postby Awesome Warlord » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Anthonest wrote:So ive been trying to make events for my upcomming mod FTL: The Arcadian War but i have no idea how to load ships in, for example theres a Federation vs Rebel event that has the line of code

Code: Select all

SHIP LOAD=REBEL_VS_FEDERATION

Now it would be logical to assume this ship is found somewhere in blueprints and its title is REBEL_VS_FEDERATION, or some place. But this is no where to be found there is absolutly no trace of whatever this ship comes from in any of the data files, and if i try to put a regular ship code in (For example, SHIP LOAD= REBEL_SQUAT) it crashes the game.

My co-modder R4V3-0N told me that the ship could possibly be in a list (like a weapons list but for ships) but again, code is no where to be found. Can someone tell me where this long lost code may be? Or better yet tell me how to ditch the code and load a regular ship up without the game crashing? Thanks.

Instead of (SHIP LOAD= REBEL_SQUAT) , You need to put (SHIP_LOAD= REBEL_SQUAT) . ( you need to add that magic underscore!)
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:28 am

What is written by Awesome Warlord is incorrect. SHIP_LOAD is definitely wrong.

The problem with REBEL_SQUAT is that it isn't a ship, but a shipBlueprint. That is why it was crashing, because it couldn't find a ship called REBEL_SQUAT.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.