Game Crashes when selecting modded ship

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
rannl

Re: Game Crashes when selecting modded ship

Postby rannl » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Did a little more goofing around with your mod, tried to move around the rooms a little bit,
but unfortunetly could not get the mod to work in game.
Then I reconnected all the rooms with intermediate rooms, and got the mod to work.
Then I removed some of the interconnecting rooms and relinked the doors of some rooms with gaps between them,
and the mod still worked.
I got 4 rooms with linked gapped doors, the rest are still connected with intermediate rooms.
You can find the results of my goofing around here

Hope this helps.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:32 pm

rannl wrote:Did a little more goofing around with your mod, tried to move around the rooms a little bit,
but unfortunetly could not get the mod to work in game.
Then I reconnected all the rooms with intermediate rooms, and got the mod to work.
Then I removed some of the interconnecting rooms and relinked the doors of some rooms with gaps between them,
and the mod still worked.
I got 4 rooms with linked gapped doors, the rest are still connected with intermediate rooms.
You can find the results of my goofing around here

Hope this helps.

Going from something completely broken, to something jury-rigged. That's an improvement in my eyes. I might just connect everything with those rooms and leave it as that. Thanks man.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Alright, so I went ahead and linked up all the rooms so all the gaps are gone, so now the question remains as to why I can't see the hull image. Just a black box somewhat in the middle and a bigger yellow and black chess-pattern to the top left.
I'll look into it, at least I can load it in already.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.