[MOD][WIP] Star Trek Enterprise NX-01 + UI LCARS Theme

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kevinandersson

Re: [MOD][WIP] Star Trek Enterprise NX-01 + UI LCARS Theme

Postby kevinandersson » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Degra wrote:Ok, the mod is up and running with the GMM mod manager for me.
May I ask you why there are DS Store files even in the folders for the Windows version? Just a mistake?

Besides of that, I somehow doubt that you intended the ship to start with a teleporter, a cloak and 3 weapons.
The UI is working well and nice, except some minor misplacements of the teleporter and cloak icon in the ship selection screen at the start of the game.

by the way, I extracted the Enterprise NX folder inside the zip into the mod folder and converted it into an ftl file.

:edit:
The Photon sprite doesn't seem to be working.

The DS Store files are made by OS X - don't worry about that. I will probably clean stuff up before release.

About the ship - it's not balanced yet. I would however like to make it somewhat different than other ships. So maybe a teleporter to begin with, but with low shields & health. About weapons, I am not quite sure yet. Maybe just one phaser weapon so it's not too powerful.
kevinandersson

Postby kevinandersson » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:39 pm

UI Progress:
Rivers

Re: [MOD][WIP] Star Trek Enterprise NX-01 + UI ICARS Theme

Postby Rivers » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:09 am

kevinandersson wrote:
substandardgaussian wrote:Can I ask you what tools you're using to design these graphics? They're amazing! Specifically the ship graphic. It's both incredibly detailed and also fits the style of the game almost perfectly.

Obviously you have a great deal of graphical expertise, but I imagine that the right tools help quite a bit too.

Thanks mate. I use photoshop for all graphics. I've been making UI and graphics for a living the past 10 years, so I hopefully have a little experience.

If I may ask how did you do the ship lineart in PS...? Did you use the brush tool or specific settings/filters? Did you do the lineart as the actual size you used in game or did you shrink/enlarge the initial lineart?
kevinandersson

Re: [MOD][WIP] Star Trek Enterprise NX-01 + UI ICARS Theme

Postby kevinandersson » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Rivers wrote:
kevinandersson wrote:
substandardgaussian wrote:Can I ask you what tools you're using to design these graphics? They're amazing! Specifically the ship graphic. It's both incredibly detailed and also fits the style of the game almost perfectly.

Obviously you have a great deal of graphical expertise, but I imagine that the right tools help quite a bit too.

Thanks mate. I use photoshop for all graphics. I've been making UI and graphics for a living the past 10 years, so I hopefully have a little experience.

If I may ask how did you do the ship lineart in PS...? Did you use the brush tool or specific settings/filters? Did you do the lineart as the actual size you used in game or did you shrink/enlarge the initial lineart?

Sure :)

I drew everything to scale - using a reference picture. I scaled the reference picture to be somewhat close to the final scale I wanted to have it. After that I traced the primary line-fills with the pencil tool (to get pixel fitting) - . After that I made it into a smartobject, and split it in half so I only had to detail half of the ship.

After the details are done, I went on adding fill and shading. Attached are a couple of pictures from the process:

Outline:

Detailing:

Fill:

Shading:

Final:
Serris

Postby Serris » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:33 pm

You've inspired me.
Apple_Master

Postby Apple_Master » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:47 pm

The font is way too scrunched up, I can read it but it looks terrible even so. The actual UI's shape is pretty neat, but block colours and pointless outlines make it look bad too.
Cartesii

Postby Cartesii » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi Guys,

i have tried to use your mod but it won t work with the GMM :( ! Maybe you can give some explanations ?

greetings carte
celticimp

Postby celticimp » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 am

i have been fightin to get this mod to work but im not really sure what im doing, i put the zip file in teh mod folder and made it into an ftl file but that doesnt seem to work. any suggestions?
iNstinCt

Postby iNstinCt » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Offline?
Would love to get this mod, but dopbox says there is no file :-/
NeoTechni

Postby NeoTechni » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:20 am

Do you need any help? I have some experience in the field of LCARSing.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... test&hl=en
If you could provide a plan/workload, I wouldn't mind helping.