[MOD][WIP] Star Trek Enterprise NX-01 + UI LCARS Theme

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
BumblingEE

Re: [MOD][WIP] Enterprise NX-01 + UI Theme

Postby BumblingEE » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:24 am

The FTL drive should say Warp Drive. The button should say ENGAGE if you can fit it...

Also in the in game screenshot there is no way to get into or out of the drone control...
kevinandersson

Re: [MOD][WIP] Enterprise NX-01 + UI Theme

Postby kevinandersson » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:55 am

Making some great in-game progress with the ICART UI. A lot of nodging pixels is going into this :)

In-game screenshots:
http://cl.ly/image/1C133A3r1044
http://cl.ly/image/0x2h3G2J421l
http://cl.ly/image/3c2t130e0e0I
http://cl.ly/image/3o3F0V0M162j

WIP Screenshot:
http://cl.ly/image/1s3c2t2G3h3s
kevinandersson

Re: [MOD][WIP] Star Trek Enterprise NX-01 + UI ICARS Theme

Postby kevinandersson » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Initialising:

Menu (still working on that one):
zabbo2

Postby zabbo2 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:54 pm

This looks great! I love the UI look... can't wait to give this a go...
substandardgaussian

Postby substandardgaussian » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Can I ask you what tools you're using to design these graphics? They're amazing! Specifically the ship graphic. It's both incredibly detailed and also fits the style of the game almost perfectly.

Obviously you have a great deal of graphical expertise, but I imagine that the right tools help quite a bit too.
substandardgaussian

Postby substandardgaussian » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:08 pm

PS. I would be more than willing to help you with doing/testing the ship configuration (layout, gibs, weapon mounts, etc: ). I've always been more of a backend person, I like playing with that stuff. That ship looks sweet and I'd love to expedite being able to play with it!

Have you already decided precisely what the interior will look like, what systems/weapons/crew it will start with, etc: ?
kevinandersson

Postby kevinandersson » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 am

substandardgaussian wrote:Can I ask you what tools you're using to design these graphics? They're amazing! Specifically the ship graphic. It's both incredibly detailed and also fits the style of the game almost perfectly.

Obviously you have a great deal of graphical expertise, but I imagine that the right tools help quite a bit too.

Thanks mate. I use photoshop for all graphics. I've been making UI and graphics for a living the past 10 years, so I hopefully have a little experience.

PS. I would be more than willing to help you with doing/testing the ship configuration (layout, gibs, weapon mounts, etc: ). I've always been more of a backend person, I like playing with that stuff. That ship looks sweet and I'd love to expedite being able to play with it!

Sure thing - the worst part is actually keeping track of all the assets, but I would appreciate you testing the setup.

Have you already decided precisely what the interior will look like, what systems/weapons/crew it will start with, etc: ?

Yes - the ship is 80% done - all rooms and doors have been made, now I am just working on adding the sprites for the exposion as well as cloaking.

I also plan to make a photon torpedo weapong, I just need to wrap my head around how the spritesheet for those work. If you know how - let me know :)

Here's the current sprite: Image
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:35 am

kevinandersson wrote:Here's the current sprite: Image

Is the Photon Torpedo supposed to be tumbling or why is it describing a wave form? :| (maybe it won't do that in game, but I just expected the center of the sprites to be level in the sprite sheet)

btw in the UI what does EN and PH stand for? they seem to be replacing fuel and missiles but I don't get what they stand for? :?
a__gun

Postby a__gun » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:48 am

Gorlom wrote:btw in the UI what does EN and PH stand for? they seem to be replacing fuel and missiles but I don't get what they stand for? :?

Energy and photon torpedos would be my guess.

Loving the mod so far, really like your style. Just wondered - have you considered making this a total conversion? Would be a reasonably large undertaking but I'm sure that theres someone out there who would more than willingly help ;)
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:56 am

a__gun wrote:
Gorlom wrote:btw in the UI what does EN and PH stand for? they seem to be replacing fuel and missiles but I don't get what they stand for? :?

Energy and photon torpedos would be my guess.

Loving the mod so far, really like your style. Just wondered - have you considered making this a total conversion? Would be a reasonably large undertaking but I'm sure that theres someone out there who would more than willingly help ;)

I got confused because i was expecting a T for the torpedo or something. do they ever teleport photon torpedoes in star trek or will it be confusing why bomb weapons consume photon torpedoes?

And energy is confusing to me because that is the green bars at the bottom. how do you quantify energy used as fuel like that? feels odd to me somehow... (couldn't it be Deutrium? Don't they usually need that for propulsion in the series?) but never mind me do whatever you want I'm just a bit confused in gneral :D