System Upgrades

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Xen0n

System Upgrades

Postby Xen0n » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:35 pm

I have a simple question for those who know more of modding than me. I wanted to add more upgrades to the Hacking and Mind Control systems but I can't figure out how to specify what those upgrades do. For example, 4 bars in Hacking will hack for 0s but 5 will go for 255s. 8 in Mind Control will go forever even when the guy dies. If it is possible, I would love to know how to do this.
stylesrj

Re: System Upgrades

Postby stylesrj » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:01 pm

I think they're under blueprints.xml and dlcblueprints.xml (or something along those lines)
If you can't find them, use an unpacker on the data.dat file.

You take the systems you want to upgrade, put them into a new document and save it as blueprints.xml.append
Xen0n

Postby Xen0n » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:16 pm

I've already done that, I just wanted to change what the upgrades do. For example, how would I make the hack last 15s for level 4?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Xen0n wrote:I've already done that, I just wanted to change what the upgrades do. For example, how would I make the hack last 15s for level 4?

Not possible, sorry.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:00 am

Xen0n wrote:I have a simple question for those who know more of modding than me. I wanted to add more upgrades to the Hacking and Mind Control systems but I can't figure out how to specify what those upgrades do. For example, 4 bars in Hacking will hack for 0s but 5 will go for 255s. 8 in Mind Control will go forever even when the guy dies. If it is possible, I would love to know how to do this.

Yeah, extra upgrades don't work with the AE systems. There is no way to tell the game what each level does. All that is "hardcoded".