[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
horrordudeify

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.0d

Postby horrordudeify » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:52 am

I have been having two really big problems with the editor. I is impossible to modify rooms, when I open the drop down menu and pick my desired room it still reads empty. And its impossible to modify weapons, I choose my weapons and my choice shows up in the editor but when I save and install the mod the weapons are unchanged. Is the editor broken or am I doing something wrong?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:24 pm

NarnKar wrote:One more strange thing is that with all these mods installed, I can't view the Type C versions of each ship in Superluminal. They just don't show up in the "open ship" dialogue. But I can play them just fine.

What the-- what kind of mods you had installed? I'll have to see what's wrong with this...

horrordudeify wrote:I is impossible to modify rooms, when I open the drop down menu and pick my desired room it still reads empty.

Huh. Hm. That's not right, and I can't even begin to guess what could be wrong with this. You could try opening the popup again to see whether there's a green tick by the system you've assigned. This will allow you to determine whether the system actually did get assigned, but just doesn't show up correctly for some reason, or if there's something that causes the popup to close without registering your click.

horrordudeify wrote: And its impossible to modify weapons, I choose my weapons and my choice shows up in the editor but when I save and install the mod the weapons are unchanged. Is the editor broken or am I doing something wrong?

You probably modified the displayed weapon directly at the weapon mount -- as explained by the tooltip in the info icon, this setting is purely cosmetic, allowing you to preview stuff without actually changing the loadout. In order to have the weapons persist, you need to go to Ship Loadout & Properties "tool" > Armaments > select a non-zero number of weapon slots > click on one of the buttons that appear and select your weapon.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:28 pm

kartoFlane wrote:What the-- what kind of mods you had installed? I'll have to see what's wrong with this...

Better Planets and Backgrounds v1.3.1
CE Resource Pack 1.268
FTL Captain's Edition 1.268
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0
CE Additional Music Addon 1.266
CE Infinite Addon 1.267
CE Additional Music Infinite Compatibility Patch 1.0
EL Texture Pack 1.266
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.266
CE Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon 1.26
randomFlagship
The Hand of Death v2.1
The Reaper's Scythe v2.1
The Hunter's Bow v2.1

It doesn't happen with just CE Resource Pack and FTL Captain's Edition installed. Nor does it happen with Infinite. I think something weird happens with CE Endless Loot.

You can also see that the ANAEROBIC ships are entirely gone. Perhaps something to do with dlcBlueprints??
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Something like this would happen if the editor failed to parse/load data from dlcBlueprints and dlcBlueprintsOverwrite files, since they are the ones that contain Lanius and C versions of vanilla ships, respectively... I've no idea why that could happen, though. Log might be helpful -- just start up the editor with those mods loaded and post it here.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Code: Select all

17:37:58.196 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Superluminal v2.1.0d
17:37:58.197 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Windows 8.1 6.3
17:37:58.197 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, 1.8.0_25, x86
17:37:58.200 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - SWT v4335
17:37:58.251 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading properties from config file...
17:37:58.294 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Using FTL dats path from config: C:\Program Files (x86)\FTL\resources
17:37:58.723 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading dat archives...
17:37:59.017 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading database...
17:38:08.332 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: CRYSTAL_1: could not find animation 'crystal_shard'.
17:38:08.338 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: CRYSTAL_1: could not find animation 'crystal_shard'.
17:38:08.348 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_SCANNER: could not find animation 'ba_effector_impact_1'.
17:38:08.349 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.350 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:08.350 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.353 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: CRYSTAL_1: could not find animation 'crystal_shard'.
17:38:08.356 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: CRYSTAL_1: could not find animation 'crystal_shard'.
17:38:08.364 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_SCANNER: could not find animation 'ba_effector_impact_1'.
17:38:08.365 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.366 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:08.366 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.381 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL_HULL_RIPPER_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.382 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL_WIDESPREAD_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.382 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL_TIGHTSPREAD_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.382 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL_INCENDIARY_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.383 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL_RADIOACTIVE_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.383 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL_SAFE_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.383 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL_VOLATILE_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.384 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL_HIGHVELOCITY_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.384 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL_LOWVELOCITY_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.384 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL_TACTICAL_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.385 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_SMALL_BRUTAL_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.412 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE_HULL_RIPPER_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.412 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE_WIDESPREAD_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.413 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE_TIGHTSPREAD_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.413 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE_INCENDIARY_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.414 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE_RADIOACTIVE_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.414 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE_SAFE_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.415 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE_VOLATILE_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.415 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE_HIGHVELOCITY_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.416 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE_LOWVELOCITY_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.416 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE_TACTICAL_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.417 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_FLARE_BRUTAL_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_small'.
17:38:08.508 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM_HULL_RIPPER_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:08.509 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM_WIDESPREAD_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:08.509 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM_TIGHTSPREAD_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:08.509 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM_INCENDIARY_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:08.509 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM_RADIOACTIVE_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:08.510 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM_SAFE_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:08.510 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM_VOLATILE_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:08.510 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM_HIGHVELOCITY_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:08.510 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM_LOWVELOCITY_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:08.511 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM_TACTICAL_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:08.511 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_MINES_MEDIUM_BRUTAL_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_mine_big'.
17:38:09.156 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_SCANNER_INCENDIARY_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_effector_impact_1'.
17:38:09.157 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_SCANNER_RADIOACTIVE_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_effector_impact_1'.
17:38:09.157 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_SCANNER_SAFE_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_effector_impact_1'.
17:38:09.157 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_SCANNER_VOLATILE_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_effector_impact_1'.
17:38:09.158 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_SCANNER_TACTICAL_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_effector_impact_1'.
17:38:09.158 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: DE_DRONE_SCANNER_BRUTAL_DRONE_WEAPON: could not find animation 'ba_effector_impact_1'.
17:38:20.988 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Checking for updates...
17:38:21.878 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Program is up to date.
17:38:21.878 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Running...
17:38:28.316 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading PLAYER_SHIP_CIRCLE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find roomLayout entry for 'room_engines_2' (Engines) in rooms.xml
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipLoadUtils.loadShipXML(ShipLoadUtils.java:275)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog$7.widgetSelected(ShipLoaderDialog.java:300)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal.main(Superluminal.java:301)

17:38:31.284 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading PLAYER_SHIP_CIRCLE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find roomLayout entry for 'room_engines_2' (Engines) in rooms.xml
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipLoadUtils.loadShipXML(ShipLoadUtils.java:275)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog$7.widgetSelected(ShipLoaderDialog.java:300)

17:38:33.675 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading PLAYER_SHIP_CIRCLE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find roomLayout entry for 'room_engines_2' (Engines) in rooms.xml

17:38:36.050 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading PLAYER_SHIP_CIRCLE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find roomLayout entry for 'room_engines_2' (Engines) in rooms.xml

17:38:38.378 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading PLAYER_SHIP_CIRCLE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find roomLayout entry for 'room_engines_2' (Engines) in rooms.xml

17:38:53.081 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading BOSS_1: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find roomLayout entry for 'null' (Engines) in rooms.xml

17:38:56.691 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading BOSS_1: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Artillery is missing 'weapon' attribute.
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipLoadUtils.loadShipXML(ShipLoadUtils.java:288)

17:38:59.847 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading BOSS_1: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find roomLayout entry for 'null' (Engines) in rooms.xml

17:39:02.253 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading BOSS_1: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Artillery is missing 'weapon' attribute.
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipLoadUtils.loadShipXML(ShipLoadUtils.java:288)

17:39:05.785 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading BOSS_1_ACE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Artillery is missing 'weapon' attribute.

17:39:08.738 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading BOSS_1_ARMORED: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Artillery is missing 'weapon' attribute.

17:39:12.162 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading BOSS_1_OUTDATED_SHIP: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Artillery is missing 'weapon' attribute.
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog$2.mouseDoubleClick(ShipLoaderDialog.java:201)

17:39:14.287 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading BOSS_1_RAPID_RESPONSE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Artillery is missing 'weapon' attribute.
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog$2.mouseDoubleClick(ShipLoaderDialog.java:201)

17:39:22.896 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Exiting...
17:39:23.318 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Bye

Here is me attempting to load all five versions of The Torus, and various versions of the Rebel Flagship. No successful loads. I have CE Resource Pack, FTL CE 1.268, CE Infinite, EL Texture Pack, and EL for Infinite installed.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Very odd. I've installed the mods that you have, and I'm not having any problems -- I see the Lanius and C versions of player ships, and I can load everything just fine... And from what I've seen, none of those mods change the rooms.xml file (apart from your ship mods).
I guess it could either mean that the archive backups SMM has are corrupt, or Superluminal fails to load all files due to the size of EL *shrug*

edit
Took a closer look at the log, and it seems that my latter assumption was correct -- there's no confirmation that the core of the database was loaded successfully, meaning that something went wrong while the editor was loading archives. But for some reason there's no error message...
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.1

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Here's a small update to address some of the recent issues... Ships with missing glow images now load instead of failing (they use the default glow for the system). Also added one missing feature -- enemy ships with player ship-like loadout definitions (ie. explicitly stating which weapons to use, instead of pointing it to a blueprintList).

Download: Superluminal 2.1.1

Changelog:

Code: Select all

2.1.1:
- Editor now recognizes .rawappend files when loading mods via Mod Management
- Added an option to enemy ships to select weapon/drone loadout like in player ships
- When loading a ship that is missing a glow in rooms.xml, the editor now uses the default glow for that system instead of failing to load the ship
Sales_Kital

Postby Sales_Kital » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:55 am

I keep crashing when I try to use a ship i made with this. The ship has all the image files listed in images, and even has 5 gibs which are animated. I can't figure out what's wrong with it, and the game doesn't even bother to give me a crash log so I don't have that to post either.

It crashes when I click "New Game"
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:18 am

Oh, another (small) bug.

Whenever I'm placing a new ship's floor image, it's aligned properly. But whenever I load that same ship mod, the floor image is offset horizontally by one pixel. It's kinda disorienting, sort of.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:08 pm

Sales_Kital wrote:I keep crashing when I try to use a ship i made with this. The ship has all the image files listed in images, and even has 5 gibs which are animated. I can't figure out what's wrong with it, and the game doesn't even bother to give me a crash log so I don't have that to post either.

It crashes when I click "New Game"

There have been several people who had a problem like this, but I've never managed to find the cause of that... The most likely explanation that I can come up with is that you had some mods installed while you were creating your ship, and you used content from that mod -- this would mean that your ship would have a dependency on that mod, resulting in the game crashing should the mod not be loaded.

NarnKar wrote:Whenever I'm placing a new ship's floor image, it's aligned properly. But whenever I load that same ship mod, the floor image is offset horizontally by one pixel. It's kinda disorienting, sort of.

Yeah, I'm aware of that... This stems from the fact that the editor uses different positioning than FTL (center-relative vs top-left corner-relative, respectively). When translating between the two, you need to take into account the size of the object, which results in artefacts like this one pixel of offset, which sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't (depends on dimensions of the object).
I never came up with a reliable way to correct that :/