[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.0c

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:06 pm

A tiny update to fix a crash found by TaxiService.
Download: Superluminal 2.1.0c

Changelog:

Code: Select all

2.1.0c:
- Fixed a crash caused by systems whose image had no corresponding entry in rooms.xml (ships exhibiting this problem will fail to load)
- ShipLoader dialog now provides an explanation why a ship could not be loaded.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:33 am

Hey, I'm having trouble loading one of my ships.

22:27:06.338 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Superluminal v2.1.0c
22:27:06.367 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Windows 7 6.1
22:27:06.367 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, 1.7.0_71, x86
22:27:06.372 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - SWT v4335
22:27:06.505 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - No FTL dats path previously set.
22:27:09.024 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - FTL dats located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FTL Faster Than Light\resources
22:27:09.024 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading dat archives...
22:27:11.904 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading database...
22:27:12.311 [Thread-3] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: CRYSTAL_1: could not find animation 'crystal_shard'.
22:27:12.975 [Thread-3] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore was loaded successfully.
22:27:13.025 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Checking for updates...
22:27:15.714 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Program is up to date.
22:27:15.715 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Running...
22:27:40.405 [main] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading PLAYER_SHIP_HARD: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not find roomLayout entry for 'room_engines_lux2' (Engines) in rooms.xml
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipLoadUtils.loadShipXML(ShipLoadUtils.java:275)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog$7.widgetSelected(ShipLoaderDialog.java:300)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal.main(Superluminal.java:301)

I'm pretty sure the error is this: Could not find roomLayout entry for 'room_engines_lux2' (Engines) in rooms.xml. However, I've checked rooms.xml and rooms.xml.append and they have layout entries; I've checked blueprints and it specifies a room. I have a room image for engines as well. Could you help me with this?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/61jp7 ... _Save4.ftl

There's the link to what I have so far.

Postby 1412 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:39 am

Ok! SO, someone on another forum proposed an alternate design for the ship. It seems to be not crashing, so that's a plus!
On the downside, as soon as I poke around with mounts, the mod stops working. Even if I remove the mounts. If I never add mounts at all, however, the mod works fine, albeit with the lasers coming from some point to the upper left.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:47 am

NarnKar wrote:I'm pretty sure the error is this: Could not find roomLayout entry for 'room_engines_lux2' (Engines) in rooms.xml. However, I've checked rooms.xml and rooms.xml.append and they have layout entries; I've checked blueprints and it specifies a room. I have a room image for engines as well. Could you help me with this?

The error is in rooms.xml.append.

This is incorrect:

<roomLayout name="room_engines_lux2">
   <computerGlow x="9" y="6" dir="LEFT" />
</roomLayout>
<roomLayout name="room_pilot_2">
   <computerGlow name="glow_pilot" x="54" y="8" dir="RIGHT" />
</roomLayout>
<roomLayout name="room_shields_lux">
   <computerGlow x="36" y="18" dir="DOWN" />
</roomLayout>
<roomLayout name="room_weapons_8">
   <computerGlow x="40" y="0" dir="UP" />
</roomLayout>

It should be:

<roomLayout name="engines_lux2">
   <computerGlow x="9" y="6" dir="LEFT" />
</roomLayout>
<roomLayout name="pilot_2">
   <computerGlow name="glow_pilot" x="54" y="8" dir="RIGHT" />
</roomLayout>
<roomLayout name="shields_lux">
   <computerGlow x="36" y="18" dir="DOWN" />
</roomLayout>
<roomLayout name="weapons_8">
   <computerGlow x="40" y="0" dir="UP" />
</roomLayout>

They shouldn't have the room_ prefix in the rooms.xml.append file.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.0d

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:05 pm

@1412
Huh, that is very odd indeed. Weapon mounts generally shouldn't be causing crashes, unless I'm misremembering something... I have to admit that I don't really know how to help you :(

@NarnKar @RAD-82
Gah, looks like I messed up the glow saving code when I was reworking it, and forgot to insert that bit about pruning the "room_" prefix...

This should do it. Hopefully no more bugs will pop up.

Download: Superluminal 2.1.0d

Changelog:

2.1.0d:
- Fixed glow images being saved with incorrect name in rooms.xml
- Also fixed an issue with Mac distribution, where the application wouldn't quit after all windows were closed
azrael4h

Postby azrael4h » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I have not managed to search out any answers. When attempting to create rooms, Superluminal does nothing. Running with the terminal up, i get the message "GLib-Critical **"Source IS xxxxx was not found when attempting to remove it". The xxxxx is a random sequence of numbers, which seems to be incrementing by various amounts whenever I try to use the tool.

It does this wherever I try to place a room, any size, whether I have an image loaded or not, whatever. It does not work. Trying to place doors also does not work, though if I load an existing ship I can move existing doors around. This does this whether I have a floor graphic selected or not as well.

I can place weapon mounts fine. I get no message for station placement, but with no rooms it probably won't let me anyway,
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:39 pm

@azrael4h
So that is weird. From my brief foray into Googleland:
...GLib 2.40.0 introduced the following change:
  • g_source_remove() will now throw a critical in the case that you try to remove a non-existent source. We expect that there is some code in the wild that will fall afoul of this new critical but considering that we now reuse source IDs, this code is already broken and should probably be fixed

This is something outside of my influence, down at the level of the graphics library the editor uses (and even below that) -- however, from what I've read, it shouldn't result in any tangible issues, merely in warning messages. Is there anything of note in the editor's log file?

Anyhow, I've recompiled and reuploaded the Linux distribution of the editor with the newest version of the graphics library (the version I was using was a little behind -- 4.3.2 whereas the most recent one is 4.4) -- perhaps this bug has been fixed in the meantime.
azrael4h

Postby azrael4h » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:18 am

I went ahead and installed the new editor. Here's what pops in the terminal.

DEBUG Superluminal - Superluminal v2.1.0d
DEBUG Superluminal - Linux 3.13.0-24-generic
DEBUG Superluminal - OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM, 1.7.0_51, amd64
DEBUG Superluminal - SWT v4427

TRACE Superluminal - No FTL dats path previously set.
DEBUG Superluminal - FTL dats path was not located automatically. Prompting user for location.

(Superluminal:6759): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type 'GtkWidget'

(Superluminal:6759): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(Superluminal:6759): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type 'GtkBuildable'

(Superluminal:6759): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_interface_add_prerequisite: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INTERFACE (interface_type)' failed

(Superluminal:6759): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(Superluminal:6759): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(Superluminal:6759): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_register_static: assertion 'parent_type > 0' failed

I forgot to check the log before reinstalling, but the current log just ends where it should be prompting me for the FTL data file. I'm running Mint 17, ATi 7660d graphics, AMD quad core.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Yeah, there's nothing I can do about that error, short of rewriting the program with another library... :/ You could try running Windows distribution of the editor in Wine to see if that works.
jarod029

Postby jarod029 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:20 am

Forget my previous post this is my main issue my custom hull image wont load in game

In editor

In game

It saves loads and all that but just the hull is missing for some reason.
Last edited by jarod029 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.