[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
TheDerpyPotatoe

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.2b - FTL Ship Editor

Postby TheDerpyPotatoe » Wed May 25, 2016 1:01 pm

Hello there, I have just started "making" custom ships using superluminal, and I have a question. Is there any way to rotate a enemy ship to make it a player controlled ship. Thx for any answer. :?:
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed May 25, 2016 2:18 pm

Nope. If you want to rotate the ship graphic, you'll have to do so in a graphics editing software (Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.NET...), or an image viewer (if it has such a capability -- most modern ones should).
Rotating the room layout isn't possible either -- you'll have to do that manually.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
TheDerpyPotatoe

Postby TheDerpyPotatoe » Wed May 25, 2016 9:18 pm

kartoFlane wrote:Nope. If you want to rotate the ship graphic, you'll have to do so in a graphics editing software (Photoshop, GIMP, Paint.NET...), or an image viewer (if it has such a capability -- most modern ones should).
Rotating the room layout isn't possible either -- you'll have to do that manually.

In that case where do I acces the images for the ships and their gibs, cloaks etc?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed May 25, 2016 10:02 pm

TheDerpyPotatoe wrote:
In that case where do I acces the images for the ships and their gibs, cloaks etc?

You should unpack your FTL files.

Then search under img/ship/ for player ships, ship_glows and ship_noglows for enemy ships and ship/interior for interior images.
TheDerpyPotatoe

Postby TheDerpyPotatoe » Thu May 26, 2016 12:14 am

stylesrj wrote:
TheDerpyPotatoe wrote:

You should unpack your FTL files.

Then search under img/ship/ for player ships, ship_glows and ship_noglows for enemy ships and ship/interior for interior images.

Alright, I did that, I tried rotating the ship I wanted. But when I chose the hull I rotated it wasn't rotated? What am I doing wrong?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 26, 2016 12:54 am

Where did you save the rotated hull? Because that's where you need to look
Because there two options. One leads to the data.resource files (if you don't see Windows Explorer, then that's data.resource files), the other leads to where you saved stuff.
TheDerpyPotatoe

Postby TheDerpyPotatoe » Thu May 26, 2016 1:00 am

stylesrj wrote:Where did you save the rotated hull? Because that's where you need to look
Because there two options. One leads to the data.resource files (if you don't see Windows Explorer, then that's data.resource files), the other leads to where you saved stuff.

Found it, thx for the help. I hope to upload one if the ships I have made in the next couple of days.
TheDerpyPotatoe

Postby TheDerpyPotatoe » Thu May 26, 2016 2:21 am

TheDerpyPotatoe wrote:
stylesrj wrote:Where did you save the rotated hull? Because that's where you need to look

Found it, thx for the help. I hope to upload one if the ships I have made in the next couple of days.

In fact I just finished making 2 ships that are rather balanced compared to some of the other ships on the working mods subject. I will post some pictures sometime soon.
Portaller

Postby Portaller » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:06 am

I seem to be having a similar problem to Jesterdesu. My game is just crashing when I select my ship. Did I do something wrong or did I encounter the bug where Superluminal just crashes the game for no reason? Here's the .FTL.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong." - Terry Pratchett

Creator of the DeLorean.

1:241 Win/Loss ratio.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:12 am

Looks like the huge 1x6 room is the culprit; replacing it with two 1x3 rooms fixed the issue.
Despite the fact that the editor does allow you to create rooms of any size, generally you should still stick to the usual 1x2/2x1/2x2 set of sizes, since that's what FTL has been created in mind with (bigger rooms also don't quite render correctly).
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL