[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.2b - FTL Ship Editor

Postby kartoFlane » Mon May 16, 2016 8:34 am

Hey, thanks for confirming this! Glad it's resolved, gonna add this to the FAQ.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Sun May 22, 2016 3:42 am

Kartoflane, could you please make a editor that can change max power levels etc?
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
ledong6789

Postby ledong6789 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:29 am

I may just be really stupid, but I can't figure out how to get my ship to load in the game. I made a ship using one of the premades as a base, selected a ship for it to replace, and saved it. However, the ship isn't showing up in the game. The ship it's supposed to be replacing is still showing up. I'm probably missing something to make my ship go from the editor to the game, any tips?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue May 24, 2016 4:32 am

Did you make sure to use a mod uploader, like Slipstream?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17102
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue May 24, 2016 3:57 pm

Based on that signature, I think you replied to a bot.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue May 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Dammit. I forgot to look at the signature! It looked like a legit post!
Seriously, why aren't advertisers making self-aware AI instead of this crap?
jesterdesu

Postby jesterdesu » Tue May 24, 2016 8:41 pm

Hey thanks for making this mod. Having an issue in game, as it crashes when I try to go to my modded ship. I only modded an existing ship for a test run, swapped a crew member and a couple of weapons, nothing else, then saved as .ftl and patched using slipstream mod manager. All seemed to work fine but when I attempt to access the ship in the hangar, the game crashes instantly.

Apologies if this is mentioned somewhere in the 54 page thread already.

Ship - Stealth B
Exact changes made - swapped zoltan for human
Swapped glaive for burst laser mk2
Added additional burst laser mk2 in second weapon slot
Added breach bomb 2 in third weapon slot

Saved as .ftl in mods folder on slipstream (both Superluminal and SSM are current versions downloaded today)
Patched using SSM (appeared to work fine)

Start new game, in hangar, attempt to go to stealth ship B and game crashes instantly. Retried another 4 times, same results.

The only thing that confused me about the process is that when I used superliminal 64 bit it told me I needed the 32 bit, even though I'm definitely using Win 7 64 bit. The 32 bit version appeared to run fine for me.
jesterdesu

Postby jesterdesu » Tue May 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Ok I've noticed that I now have 2 stealth ship B in Superliminal and wonder whether that's causing the crash? My intention was to overwrite the original, but it doesnt appear that happened when i saved it. A simple fix might be to delete one of them, but I cannot for the life of me work out how...
jesterdesu

Postby jesterdesu » Tue May 24, 2016 10:09 pm

Ok - got everything working.

Not sure anybody is too concerned but felt I'd best describe what I think the issue was incase it confuses some other idiot such as myself.

I think the problem was that I'd saved the ship as a resource (not .ftl) before actually saving it as a .ftl. This was simply because I'd not read up on how the program works and had just made (incorrect) assumptions there. Again, I think this had led to some restructuring/ duplication in the FTL folders which had led to a conflict, hence the crashing.

I fixed the issue by uninstalling FTL, deleting the game folder from my Steam dir and then reinstalling the game. When I then attempted to use superliminal as instructed, it worked (almost perfectly) the first time, however it did for some reason squash all the rooms in my modded ship together - something I fixed easy enough in superliminal (it does not appear to be a repeating issue and might even be due to human (my) error again.

Anyway, thanks again for the great mod and I'm proof that even fools can use it.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed May 25, 2016 8:10 am

Hey, glad you figured it out in the end. Frankly, there is a weird bug with the editor that sometimes causes ships not to load correctly in FTL for some reason and crash the game, even though they look totally fine when you inspect their files manually -- perhaps you've encountered that, sorry... I never quite managed to track that one down.

Also, for the record, usually it's a good idea to include the .ftl file in your post when you're asking for help with its debugging -- that way, other people can inspect the files and point out potential errors (FTL has a fair amount of unintuitive quirks)
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL