Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
ZobmieRules

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.1

Postby ZobmieRules » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:57 am

"Unable to animte [sic] gibs because the ship has no gibs."
Ancatronus

Postby Ancatronus » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:02 am

So, firstly I'd like to say, this program is pretty damn wonderful, I've been using it for a while now and so far no problems. However I've also decided to download the Captain's Edition mod to gain a few more pre-made parts etc (however, without Endless loot installed). This may have already been queried on this forum, however I've come across the problem where the ships will be created all well and fine, and uploaded to SMM, even the patching doesn't crash (although I haven't checked the logs in the command prompt in the background, perhaps something is in there). The game will even boot properly, and I can start a new game with the ship that I created (bar a few times that it just doesn't load), however after one or two jumps, the game crashes entirely. I was wondering if there is some sort of recommendation for how to overcome this? I've tried simplifying the ships, using only original edition parts etc, but it's always ended up crashing for CE.

Muchos Gracias.

EDIT: More specifically, it would seem to be that I can't use augments that require power.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:21 pm

That may be because the editor does not include the CE assets you used in your mod. This means that your ship has a dependency on CE, and won't work properly (or even at all) without it installed.

Though generally this means that the game should crash for you as soon as you tried to select your ship in the hangar... If the crash happens after several jumps, then this would indicate a problem with an event somewhere in CE itself. Or maybe your ship mod is accidentally overwriting some of CE's stuff... In which case inverting the mod order should fix it (ie. put your mod above CE)
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:26 pm

Ancatronus, does your ship have more than 31 reactor power? If so, any power-reducing event like augments or ion storms will crash the game.
TheFallenAngel359

Postby TheFallenAngel359 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:12 am

NarnKar wrote: If so, any power-reducing event like augments or ion storms will crash the game.

Wait, there are augments that limit power? I don't remember those being in the game. Do you mean pulsars?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:14 am

In CE, Combat Augments, such as the ASB or the Targeting Jammer, are offered for activation at the start of the battle, but take away a few reactor bars.

BTW, Pulsars =/= Ion Storms. Ion Storms cut your available reactor power in half, whereas Pulsars randomly ionize systems.
Kmc2000

Postby Kmc2000 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Awesome tool! but I have a few problems, could you possibly help out?

for one, I've been having some issues with the ships i make, for one, i've spent HOURS trying to make a bsg viper, but when I try to load the mod, no matter which slot it replaces, it crashes when I try to use it, I have 2 weapons, normal rooms all images for everything it could need (cloak shields etc.) but it just crashes and I am utterly stumped, is it bad editing on my part or something else?

Every single stat for the ship:
hull 30
Shield lvl 2
engines lvl 4
lvl 3 weapons
lvl 1 medbay oxygen pilot sensors and doors
lvl 1 cloak

All its gibs are in the right format as are all of the other pics for it

It has 8 rooms

I have no idea what is wrong, but i really want to get it working

Thanks
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:01 pm

It would be helpful if you posted your ship file for download. My first guess is artillery, though.
Kmc2000

Postby Kmc2000 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:17 pm

NarnKar wrote:It would be helpful if you posted your ship file for download. My first guess is artillery, though.

I'll post it up, also i saw that it set artillery automatically, but i haven't added an artillery room and there seems to not be a way to disable it, could that be it?
Kmc2000

Postby Kmc2000 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:19 pm