[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
fdagpigj

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.2b - FTL Ship Editor

Postby fdagpigj » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:30 pm

I can't seem to create any rooms, nothing happens when I try to drag with the room tool selected. :( It says

Code: Select all

*** BUG ***
In pixman_region32_init_rect: Invalid rectangle passed
Set a breakpoint on '_pixman_log_error' to debug

when I click. What's really strange though is that just as I was about to submit this post, I open it once more to double check when exactly it happens, and suddenly it worked :shock: But then, the moment I loaded in a hull image from the database, it stopped working again... clearing the hull image does not allow it to work again. Also, I seem to be able to delete rooms via the edit context menu, but not with any keyboard shortcut.
Also, sometimes when I scroll my mousewheel (at least I think that's what triggers it) it says the following:

(Superluminal:4496): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 3453 was not found when attempting to remove it

And here's the editor-log.txt, for OS details and all that.

20:22:28.835 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Superluminal v2.1.2b
20:22:28.837 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64
20:22:28.837 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM, 1.7.0_101, amd64
20:22:28.840 [main] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - SWT v4528
20:22:28.943 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading properties from config file...
20:22:28.992 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Using FTL dats path from config: /home/petter/Desktop/blarg/FTL Faster Than Light/data/resources
20:22:29.373 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading dat archives...
20:22:29.450 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading database...
20:22:30.009 [Thread-2] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: CRYSTAL_1: could not find animation 'crystal_shard'.
20:22:30.518 [Thread-2] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore was loaded successfully.
20:22:30.524 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Checking for updates...
20:22:32.045 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Program is up to date.
20:22:32.045 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Running...
20:27:05.500 [main] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow - Selected object is not deletable: ImageController
20:28:28.444 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Exiting...
20:28:28.553 [main] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Bye

I was also trying to run the windows version through wine, but wine just says bad EXE format.
Brad33455

Postby Brad33455 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:53 pm

I love the editor, i just have one problem, when i select a weapon, augment, drone or artillary if i touch the bar at the bottom it crashes the editor.
Its not a huge problem as you can just ajust the window but ive been in the middle of making a ship and touch that slider AT ALL the editor immediatly crashes and if i have not saved the ship yet, well say goodbye to that ship.

Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:33 pm

Surprisingly, I was able not to destroy the universe when I used this program for the first time... every time I use a mod-creating tool, something goes horribly wrong. :roll:
Anyway, I have a Windows 7 64bit, why did I have to download the 32bit version of this program?
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:39 pm

Auron1 wrote:Surprisingly, I was able not to destroy the universe when I used this program for the first time... every time I use a mod-creating tool, something goes horribly wrong. :roll:
Anyway, I have a Windows 7 64bit, why did I have to download the 32bit version of this program?

Do you have 64 bit java installed?
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:45 am

meklozz wrote:Do you have 64 bit java installed?

I have just discovered that I have the 32-bit version. :o

EDIT: yesterday, I tried creating a custom Kestrel ship, but the file I saved was a .ftl instead of a .shp; can I open the file I was working with or do I have to start all over?
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:13 am

Auron1 wrote:
meklozz wrote:Do you have 64 bit java installed?

I have just discovered that I have the 32-bit version. :o

EDIT: yesterday, I tried creating a custom Kestrel ship, but the file I saved was a .ftl instead of a .shp; can I open the file I was working with or do I have to start all over?

You can add it in Mod Management in File menu, or load it into FTL before launching superluminal. .shp is deprecated, don't worry about it.

@kartoFlane
It's been a while since I first saw that, so maybe something changed, but is/was there any reason the program doesn't read autoBlueprints.xml, bosses.xml, and dlcPirateBlueprints.xml?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:21 am

@Auron
So we live yet another day, whew -- I sure am glad that I've had quite some time to make this program as foolproof as I could :P

@meklozz
I don't remember myself... I checked my loading code -- besides making me realize that it could use a complete overhaul, I noticed that (apparently) it only loads blueprints stored inside of blueprints.*, autoBlueprints.*, dlcBlueprints.*, and dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.* (* - any extension recognized by SMM) -- so it would seem that bosses.xml and dlcPirateBlueprints.xml (and any other files) are indeed ignored when it comes to blueprint loading.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:44 pm

meklozz wrote:
Auron1 wrote:EDIT: yesterday, I tried creating a custom Kestrel ship, but the file I saved was a .ftl instead of a .shp; can I open the file I was working with or do I have to start all over?

You can add it in Mod Management in File menu, or load it into FTL before launching superluminal. .shp is deprecated, don't worry about it.?

So once I save a file as .ftl I can't modify/update it anymore? :!: :shock:
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:54 pm

Auron1 wrote:
meklozz wrote:
Auron1 wrote:EDIT: yesterday, I tried creating a custom Kestrel ship, but the file I saved was a .ftl instead of a .shp; can I open the file I was working with or do I have to start all over?

You can add it in Mod Management in File menu, or load it into FTL before launching superluminal. .shp is deprecated, don't worry about it.?

So once I save a file as .ftl I can't modify/update it anymore? :!: :shock:

I don't think I said that. Once you load it and open up your ship, you can save it to a new ftl file or overwrite the one you have (maybe, I haven't tried). You can also use an option to include the earlier .ftl in the new one, in case you have other things like custom weapons in there.
PurpleChair3

Postby PurpleChair3 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:28 am

I'm having serious issues saving and loading my project. I can save it as a .ftl file, and run it in game just fine, but things like the graphics are going to take weeks to develop. I've spent upwards of 2 hours trying to figure out what to do. I just want to be able to save my progress, and load it in Superluminal the next day. Sorry, it's probably really obvious or something, but I literally have found not one word mentioned about this subject on any forum. Other people must be able to do it.