[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Sales_Kital

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.1.1

Postby Sales_Kital » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:47 pm

kartoFlane wrote:
Sales_Kital wrote:I keep crashing when I try to use a ship i made with this. The ship has all the image files listed in images, and even has 5 gibs which are animated. I can't figure out what's wrong with it, and the game doesn't even bother to give me a crash log so I don't have that to post either.

It crashes when I click "New Game"

There have been several people who had a problem like this, but I've never managed to find the cause of that... The most likely explanation that I can come up with is that you had some mods installed while you were creating your ship, and you used content from that mod -- this would mean that your ship would have a dependency on that mod, resulting in the game crashing should the mod not be loaded.

Actually I made my ship before even getting SMM, so no mods existed and the program pulled a 100% vanilla database from the game. The optimal alignment thing did push the images outside the origin point from what I can tell though, could that have something to do with it?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:53 pm

No, the images can be placed wherever you want them. It's just rooms and doors that cannot be placed beyond the origin point.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Sales_Kital

Postby Sales_Kital » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:05 pm

I did also try to set a weapon to the artillery, could that have something to do with it? I think i was trying for the mk2 burst laser thing. I don't fully understand the weapons stuff. I also put 8 weapon points on the ship since it said I could put that many anchor points on.

Could certain weapons or the number of anchor points have an effect on crashing?
19acomst

Postby 19acomst » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:26 am

This weird bug keeps happening: whenever I try to load weapons, the editor crashes. It even happens when I'm just looking at the weapons list
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:50 pm

@Sales_Kital
No, even vanilla ships commonly have 8 weapon mounts, so that's definitely not the problem. You could send me .ftl file of the ship that causes crashes, maybe this time something will pop up...

@19acomst
That is weird indeed, it doesn't happen to me. Could you take a look at editor-log.txt file in the editor's directory (after it crashes), and post its contents here between [ code ][ /code ] tags?
Sales_Kital

Postby Sales_Kital » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:25 pm

kartoFlane wrote:@Sales_Kital
No, even vanilla ships commonly have 8 weapon mounts, so that's definitely not the problem. You could send me .ftl file of the ship that causes crashes, maybe this time something will pop up...

@19acomst
That is weird indeed, it doesn't happen to me. Could you take a look at editor-log.txt file in the editor's directory (after it crashes), and post its contents here between [ code ][ /code ] tags?

Are you going to need anything else, or just the .ftl?

https://www.mediafire.com/?odvio2py8enpqde
if anyone else downloads it, the image for the ship came from a google search, and is by someone called Mallacore, I think on deviant art. I was making the ship for personal use and if it worked well was planning to ask the artist of the image for permission to release it.
19acomst

Postby 19acomst » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:36 pm

kartoFlane wrote:@Sales_Kital

@19acomst

So this is the entire editor-log for after the program crashed when i ran it today. I couldn't find any [ code ] tag.

Code: Select all

15:33:13.968 [Thread-1] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Superluminal v2.1.0d
15:33:13.970 [Thread-1] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Mac OS X 10.6.8
15:33:13.971 [Thread-1] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM, 1.6.0_65, x86_64
15:33:13.975 [Thread-1] DEBUG com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - SWT v4335
15:33:14.345 [Thread-1] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading properties from config file...
15:33:14.421 [Thread-1] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Using FTL dats path from config: /Users/williamleepierce/Desktop/FTL.app/Contents/Resources
15:33:15.722 [Thread-1] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading dat archives...
15:33:18.444 [Thread-1] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Loading database...
15:33:19.538 [Thread-6] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore: could not load weapon: CRYSTAL_1: could not find animation 'crystal_shard'.
15:33:20.563 [Thread-6] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.core.DatabaseEntry - DatabaseCore was loaded successfully.
15:33:20.564 [Thread-6] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - '-psn_0_5551435' was not loaded because the specified file could not be found.
15:33:20.772 [Thread-1] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Running...
15:35:16.640 [Thread-1] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow - Saving ship as /Users/williamleepierce/Documents/Superluminal Mac-64 v2.1.0d/crash_1419798916639.ftl
15:35:16.706 [Thread-1] TRACE com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.EditorWindow - Ship saved successfully.
15:35:16.706 [Thread-1] ERROR com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - An error has occured and the editor was forced to terminate. java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Scrollable.sendHorizontalSelection(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.OS.objc_msgSendSuper(Native Method)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.callSuper(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.scrollWheel(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.scrollWheel(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.scrollWheel(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.scrollWheel(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.scrollWheel(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.scrollWheel(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.windowSendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowSendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.applicationSendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.applicationProc(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.OS.objc_msgSend(Native Method)
   at org.eclipse.swt.internal.cocoa.NSApplication.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.WeaponSelectionDialog.open(WeaponSelectionDialog.java:357)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.WeaponSelectionDialog.open(WeaponSelectionDialog.java:397)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.sidebar.PropertiesToolComposite$25.widgetSelected(PropertiesToolComposite.java:911)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal.main(Superluminal.java:301)

15:35:18.308 [Thread-1] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Exiting...
15:35:18.522 [Thread-1] INFO  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal - Bye
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:24 pm

Here's a quick fixed version; download it and tell me whether it works now.
Superluminal Mac 32-bit
Superluminal Mac 64-bit (based on the log, this is the one you should get)
19acomst

Postby 19acomst » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:57 am

kartoFlane wrote:Here's a quick fixed version; download it and tell me whether it works now.
Superluminal Mac 32-bit
Superluminal Mac 64-bit (based on the log, this is the one you should get)

Just downloaded it and it still crashes when viewing the weapons selection.
Abs

Postby Abs » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:17 am

Hey kartoFlane,

Not sure if anyone's reported this, but when I create new ships, the weapons room uses the room_shields name.

Abs
Click to go to the mod's facebook page for the latest updates!