Previews from the impatient

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Re: Previews from the impatient

Postby RAD-82 » Sat May 17, 2014 2:24 am

So, the pirate battleship in 0.5.3 only uses the 1st phase gibs, and I thought that seemed kind of wrong since that leaves a lot of the ship intact. I tried to cram all 10 gibs from every phase into it. Perhaps it could look better if every gib wasn't using a generic go-wherever-you-want code, but I'm not going to bother with that.
I used an OP beam to test this. There's no way I'm going to take the time to test it through legitimate gameplay.

I've updated the cloaks for all the mini-bosses (by using cloakImage, I've deleted duplicate image files and shrunk the mod by about half a megabyte), and I'm about halfway through re-formatting and editing events.xml.append. Still have a lot of other things to do, but when I'm done, AE's impact on enemies and events should be minimized until someone else actually tries to add more. I'll refer to this version as 0.5.A3, although that might not seem right. :|
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat May 17, 2014 8:14 am

Did I miss something?... is this captains edition or something?

If not and it's vanilla then I'm blocking my ears and yell "LALALALALALA!" as I have not done everything in AE yet and there is many awesome things to come for me.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat May 17, 2014 11:26 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Did I miss something?... is this captains edition or something?

If not and it's vanilla then I'm blocking my ears and yell "LALALALALALA!" as I have not done everything in AE yet and there is many awesome things to come for me.

That "mini boss" is infamously from Infinite Space. HOWEVER, I suggest you try doing the new Quest for the Federation a cruiser found in the Rebel Stronghold. ;) Just make sure your ship is well armed...
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun May 18, 2014 12:15 am

Russian Rockman wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Did I miss something?... is this captains edition or something?

That "mini boss" is infamously from Infinite Space. HOWEVER, I suggest you try doing the new Quest for the Federation a cruiser found in the Rebel Stronghold. ;) Just make sure your ship is well armed...

Okay, good, so the pirate battleship is form a mod.

And I have did the Federation cruiser quest, at first my eyes widdened and I thought I was screwed.

I killed it in a few seconds with my tripple flak 1's. I didn't even need to use my drones. :lol:
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun May 18, 2014 10:28 am

Here's something that I started working on a couple weeks ago. I've been working on it off and on, I'd like to think it's about 2/3 done.

It's a chart of all the weapons in both CE and Vanilla. I don't know what exactly possessed me to do this, but I was hoping it would give me a better overall grasp of all the weapons in Captain's Edition so I can see their rarities and stuff and hopefully come up with some weapons of my own. (And to see if Captain's Edition is really as imbalanced as everyone claims ;) ) I couldn't find a chart like this anywhere else, except for just a simple one about the vanilla weapons.

I'm not sure if Sleeper even can keep track of all the different weapons anymore... It would be a daunting task.

Anyway I tried to give it as simple a format as possible, while still including all relevant information.

Here's the whole thing. You can look at it and tell me if you notice something wrong with it, I'm still working on it though so I know some things are wrong. Certain categories of CE weapons should be entirely completed though. If you've got nothing better to do and you want to go ahead and try and add to it be my guest, I'd appreciate it. ;)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qolqupmnl1d1qhr/CE%20Weapon%20Comparison%20Chart.docx
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Sun May 18, 2014 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun May 18, 2014 10:47 am

So far so good!

And trust me, sleeper keeps track of all the weapons, even the ones that are not in game.
(you still find the blueprints of the ion beams and effector drones, and sometimes a patch updates them even if they are not in game)

edit: Image Blast from the past.....
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Wed May 28, 2014 5:58 am

here's a little something for a project i've been working on for a while.Image
art and coding tutorials wanted, pm if you have some good ones please!Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed May 28, 2014 6:10 am

What happened do the federation pirate ships? :lol:
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat May 31, 2014 4:14 am

I hope to make this colorful thing eventually. I just find it hard to do anything, especially when my mind is too splintered from various distractions.

This colorful cloak was the first time I ever used a "mask" in my image editing. At least I know how to do that now. :mrgreen: I usually just manipulate colors, but this time I needed to paint them.

edit: Link to mod
Last edited by RAD-82 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat May 31, 2014 11:16 pm

RAD-82 wrote:I hope to make this colorful thing eventually. I just find it hard to do anything, especially when my mind is too splintered from various distractions.

This colorful cloak was the first time I ever used a "mask" in my image editing. At least I know how to do that now. :mrgreen: I usually just manipulate colors, but this time I needed to paint them.

A ssssssssychadelic sssslug ship!!! :lol: That is truly awesome. :lol: