[TOOL][WIP][AE] KloAl's FTLAutoMod of greatness

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
KloAl

[TOOL][WIP][AE] KloAl's FTLAutoMod of greatness

Postby KloAl » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:44 am

OFFER : Anyone want to make a Video Demonstrating this? Go ahead, if i like it ill add it to this post!

Hello, Based from the title you may be asking yourself:
"Now KloAl just what is this AutoMod you putting on my screen."
Let me answer that question with a question. Who is tired of writing the same XML code multiple times?
Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of program you could get, where you could enter all the parameters you wanted in your weapon, press enter and it compile it all into a nice .txt file that you can copy into an xml blueprint file? well that's great because that's Exactly what AutoMod is, Auto-Magic modding.

This is a project i started a couple of days ago after thinking, "You know, self, after superlumial comes out a lot of people are going to want to make mods for FTL, what if it was automatic."

Then I began Coding FTL AutoMod, a over 500 line complex conditional user prompt and Input/Output system. It is Written in C++ and should make modding easier for anyone who has trouble with XML syntax or remembering the tags for weapon effects. Currently this version of the program only has capability for making weapons, all the cool stuff, crystal lock-down, hull smasher, all user prompted and attemptedly explained in text above, making it easy to decide what does what and if you want it or not, now some things aren't explained as well as others, and this is a WIP so if you have and comments/complaints/crashes/problems then please post them here. Also regarding if you think something needs to be explained more (for instance the number range for say rarity) , tell me and ill put it in the next release.

Now That massive text wall is over with id like to restate that this is a WIP

Don't think you know anything about C++ Console Programs... Heres a Picture!

Yes its a console program, but don't be disappointed some of the best programs were console, like DOS..no that's a bad example.

Download: 64-bit (if you don't know what this means use the 32 bit version)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sqe9p ... dv1_25.zip

DOWNLOAD 32-BIT
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zrr1e ... tV1_25.zip

Download Ubuntu, and if you know your operating system can support its executable this is for you!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x5j38 ... arV1_25.gz

Code: Select all

-Version 1.25
- added AE tags
- no BURST tho its weird

OLD:
Download: 64-bit (if you don't know what this means use the 32 bit version)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g5vm2 ... utoMod.zip

DOWNLOAD 32-BIT
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z7po4 ... d32bit.zip

Changelog:

-version 1.0
- first version
- weapons done but not polished(may be errors/bugs)
Last edited by KloAl on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:57 am, edited 7 times in total.
phasers are red, disruptors are green, the Borg were better in TNG if you know what i mean.
FTLAutoMod AutoMagicly modding since Apr 17
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23878
dalolorn

Re: [NEW][TOOL][WIP] KloAl's FTLAutoMod of greatness

Postby dalolorn » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:01 am

KloAl wrote:Hello, Based from the title you may be asking yourself:
"Now KloAl just what is this AutoMod you putting on my screen."
Let me answer that question with a question. Who is tired of writing the same XML code multiple times?
Wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of program you could get, where you could enter all the parameters you wanted in your weapon, press enter and it compile it all into a nice .txt file that you can copy into an xml blueprint file? well that's great because that's Exactly what AutoMod is, Auto-Magic modding.

This is a project i started a couple of days ago after thinking, "You know, self, after superlumial comes out a lot of people are going to want to make mods for FTL, what if it was automatic."

Then I began Coding FTL AutoMod, a over 400 line complex conditional user prompt and Input/Output system. It is Written in C++ and should make modding easier for anyone who has trouble with XML syntax or remembering the tags for weapon effects. Currently this first version of the program only has capability for making weapons, and only using tags from Pre-AE, so no stunning or charge weapons (yet) however it does have all the cool stuff from before, crystal lock-down, hull smasher, all user prompted and attemptedly explained in text above, making it easy to decide what does what and if you want it or not, now some things aren't explained as well as others, and this is a WIP so if you have and comments/complaints/crashes/problems then please post them here. Also regarding if you think something needs to be explained more (for instance the number range for say rarity) , tell me and ill put it in the next release.

Now That massive text wall is over with id like to restate that this is a WIP

Don't think you know anything about C++ Console Programs... Heres a Picture!

Yes its a console program, but don't be disappointed some of the best programs were console, like DOS..no that's a bad example.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/g5vm2 ... utoMod.zip

Changelog:

-version 1.0
- first version
- weapons done but not polished(may be errors/bugs)

A fascinating program. Mind if I make a few suggestions?

Also, DOS wasn't so bad. There are some pretty nice games I know that run on DOS, like Albion. :)
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:33 am

Pretty cool! 8-) Any chance to see a unix executable version in the near future?
ImageImageImageImageImage
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:52 pm

It says it's not a valid win32 application, downloaded 2 times, doesn't work.
Could it be because I'm running XP?
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
KloAl

Postby KloAl » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:28 pm

by stargateprovider » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:52 am
It says it's not a valid win32 application, downloaded 2 times, doesn't work.
Could it be because I'm running XP?

I'm Really sorry i never even thought about what sort of dependencies this would have....ill look into it...
BTW: could you include the complete error? does it mention any DLLs?

Pretty cool! 8-) Any chance to see a unix executable version in the near future?

I don't know the first thing about Unix development, but if its just a matter of compiling it with a different program on say Ubuntu or something id be willing to give it a try!, but definitely first i need to work on makeing this work for stargateprovider, i need to nail down what causing the issues exactly and solve them.
phasers are red, disruptors are green, the Borg were better in TNG if you know what i mean.
KloAl

Postby KloAl » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:48 pm

OK, so Currently it should work fine with win7 64 bit, as for 32 its not working on this laptop, and the reasoning is because it was compiled with a 64bit compiler, so ill need to port it to 32, then find the required dlls and package them so that it will work with XP, Please have patience, and if your using Win764 it will work so have fun!

stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Ok, here's the full error, incase you still need it:
C:/Documents and Settings/username/Desktop/FTL AutoMod/FTL AutoMod/FTL AutoMod.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
KloAl

Postby KloAl » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:21 pm

stargateprovider wrote:Ok, here's the full error, incase you still need it:
C:/Documents and Settings/username/Desktop/FTL AutoMod/FTL AutoMod/FTL AutoMod.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Thanks
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:48 pm

KloAl wrote:
stargateprovider wrote:Ok, here's the full error, incase you still need it:

Thanks

Odds are it's the same thing as with your laptop, except XP wasn't built with such problems in mind. I mean, the error in question basically says that it's not a 32-bit Windows application. Actually, now that I think about it, if it were an issue with the DLLs, it'd tell you there was an error with them - such as not being able to find them or stuff.
KloAl

Postby KloAl » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:34 pm

Odds are it's the same thing as with your laptop, except XP wasn't built with such problems in mind. I mean, the error in question basically says that it's not a 32-bit Windows application. Actually, now that I think about it, if it were an issue with the DLLs, it'd tell you there was an error with them - such as not being able to find them or stuff.

Exactly what i was thinking, the 32-bit version should be released here in a couple of hours. sit tight people.