[MOD][WIP]Infinite Space 2

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
English Narwhal

Re: [MOD][WIP]Infinite Space 2

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:28 pm

xlandar wrote:Here's a quick update on some of the stuff i've been doing, since not much has happened recently.

My goal is to create 25-ish custom weapon graphics for Infinite space! :lol:

Awesome!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Nice. I like the circular charge thing of the beam weapon. The missile will need some pretty small projectiles. Have you done the animations already?
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:49 pm

Update: I will now try and accurately track this mod's progress on my tumblr. The link has been added to the main post.
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:37 pm

No, i haven't done any animations yet (except for my railgun, linked earlier in this thread). I am going to create all the weapons before i start working on the animations.
art and coding tutorials wanted, pm if you have some good ones please!Image
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:07 am

Alright, i'm going to start slightly spamming this thread with micro updates on my progress with weapons. Here's the latest: some form of chain-gun
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:23 am

Hmmm.... I'm not to sure about this one...

Its supposed to be a "zoltan laser" a really weak basic laser that requires no power. any suggestions for a design change? (yes, i know its a reskinned basic laser)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:18 am

You could use small parts of the Zoltan ships for the body. A little like the design of the crystal weapons.

I always imagined faction specific weapons to be made of similar materials and structures to their ships'.

If you want stronger resemblance to Zoltan style with this design then you could still recolour it entirely with Zoltan colors (including the very dark bits). The circle could also be less regular and more off center, like they sometimes are for Zoltan ships.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:34 pm

xlandar wrote:Hmmm.... I'm not to sure about this one...

Its supposed to be a "zoltan laser" a really weak basic laser that requires no power. any suggestions for a design change? (yes, i know its a reskinned basic laser)

Change it back to normal, but have it's visible charge-bar yellow instead of red, as to represent that it takes power from a zoltan ship. Have it damage the enemy ship's hull and crew, but make it so that it does -1 damage to systems, reverting back the damage it did. This is to say that, the Zoltan "energy outburst" would actually provide a side effect as to making the zoltans' perk a weakness.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:28 pm

MightyKebab wrote:

Change it back to normal, but have it's visible charge-bar yellow instead of red, as to represent that it takes power from a zoltan ship. Have it damage the enemy ship's hull and crew, but make it so that it does -1 damage to systems, reverting back the damage it did. This is to say that, the Zoltan "energy outburst" would actually provide a side effect as to making the zoltans' perk a weakness.

Interesting ideas all around!
aemeyer

Postby aemeyer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:58 am

Could you make it a power surge weapon that would actually increase the power to a system for a few seconds, helping any system not fully powered, but damaging and/or ionizing a system that is fully powered and make it aim-able at both your own ship and the enemy ship? That way you could use it like the healing bomb, where it could help you or accidently help your enemy (especially if you don't have the fully upgraded sensors), but in a electrical way.

Also, would it be possible to make a ship that is a group of 5-6 free floating pods that are connected by a magnetic field (or whatever)? The ship could have a bonus chance to dodge, but only 1/2 or 2/3 health for balance. Also, it would look really cool, kind of like a squadron of Tie-Fighters.

P.S. I just joined this today after buying the game 2 days ago after seeing Vanguard of Valor play it, so if either of those things already exist, I would really appreciate anyone that can help me find them.