FTL Multispace

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Re: FTL Multispace

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:55 am

coolskull0071 wrote:Any news on it? would love to have this made.

HA, good luck. I've checked this page as often as I can though. What I speculate is that his medical problems are still being dealt with. Or he has lost the ambition to make it.(Its probably a mix of both) But hey, I could be wrong and in a day he's going to make an announcement that its almost complete and is starting beta testing:P. Also on his account it says "Last visited:Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:08 pm" so hat doesn't pose well.but id still like to keep the thread alive so if he ever goes online again he an at least see that there's intrest so he'll release the code.
xxcrash101xx

Postby xxcrash101xx » Sat May 02, 2015 8:42 pm

im so excited to see this develop someone tried making it multi player and it didn't work maybe this will :lol:
deadspace fan

Please update us, thanks.

Postby deadspace fan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:57 pm

Blooperluigi wrote:
Frogimen wrote:I am looking forward to this mod, and I would like to ask you a question: When will you start beta tests?

Hi. Beta tests will start at a later point. I doubt it will be this year if I'm honest but I'm working hard ;)

Panic360 wrote:Wow.

I have always wanted to see a multiplayer version of FTL since I first bought the game back in February, but I knew the devs hd no interest in doing such a thing, and that I would have no idea where to even begin with a mod like that, so stuck to modding weapons instead.

If you do in fact have any interest in maybe doing a collaborative mod with my Ultimate Edition, then please let me know

Cheers, Panic

Hi Panic :D Thanks for the interest. I'll take a look at a collaboration when the main mod is done ;) I'd love to do it though
ninja_haiku

Postby ninja_haiku » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:32 am

What about having a multiplayer where instead of it just being one ship fighting one ship, you include the aspect of each player having their own ship, and either fighting equal number of ships, or random number of ships period. As in you and one buddy can fight a small fleet.
deadspace fan

Re: FTL Multispace other players with their own ships

Postby deadspace fan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:43 am

maybe you can make it have an option where you can have separate ships like have two players in their own ships so if you are do a little battle together like 2v2 i hope you see this if you do read this thank you for time
Wattsy2

Postby Wattsy2 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:58 pm

This multiplayer mod looks like it might actually be developed!!!!11!!!111!!1!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28850

get over there
Human_lifeform

Postby Human_lifeform » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:58 am

Make a gamemode where 2 players play the standard campaign. Start with same ship. Same crew. Same everything. Then the rebels would advance a bit faster and enemys are a bit stronger. Real time. So i can be in sector 4 if i go straight for the exit and my friend could still be in sector 2 because he went exploring. If i am in a fight i could ask assistance and whe could 2v1 the other ship. You could trade stuff with eachother when you meet at the same star. So with this you could try who is the fastest to reach the last sector or team up and explore every star in the sector you're in.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 30, 2016 9:04 am

Blooperluigi wrote:Hey! Great news! I'm working on a multiplayer version of FTL and so far it's going quite well :)
I've set this post up so that you guys can drop a few ideas on what you think I should include into it (since I'm doing this for all of the FTL players, not just me ;) )
The plan so far:
-Multiplayer.. duh :D
-Played over the internet OR LAN
-Only 2 players at the moment
-Both players connect to a server which one player is running (like Minecraft)
-Both players control one player each but can both control the rest of the crew too
-Coop (also planning PvP)

This is in the very early stages so far and development will be slow since I am still in college. I'm asking for ideas now so I can work them into the whole thing.
Any help would be appreciated!

Development progress so far
-Character movement/mouse selection
-Players can be clicked so be selected/moved

-Networking
-I'm currently developing a server program which is separate to the client, since hosting the server within the client program has created problems
-Soon I'll start on a game lobby, where you can set options, ships etc
-Options on which IP to connect to

Thanks,
Blooper

where do I get it? who are the players???

Also: maybe new weapons e.g. chainguns that do no hull damage but do system and crew damage and fire really fast e.g. 1 shot a second???
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Mon May 30, 2016 11:41 am

Stormbringer wrote:
Blooperluigi wrote:snip

where do I get it? who are the players???

Also: maybe new weapons e.g. chainguns that do no hull damage but do system and crew damage and fire really fast e.g. 1 shot a second???

This isn't being worked on as far as I know. Blooperluigi had medical problems about a year or so ago and he didn't have time for this because he was in college, and he had to catch up on classes. But kcdspektor is working on a multiplayer version that's going along quite smoothly. Check his out. http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28850
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
Jawwah_

Postby Jawwah_ » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Is it done yet? I literally could find anything more recent about this than 2014.