FTL Multispace

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Blooperluigi

Re: FTL Multispace

Postby Blooperluigi » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:08 pm

REVIVAL!
I'm working on it again and hope to have an early alpha out eventually (probably some time this half-year, providing all goes well)
Developer of FTL:Multispace
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:36 am

How are you handling game state synchronization between players?
Blooperluigi

Postby Blooperluigi » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:23 am

Vhati wrote:How are you handling game state synchronization between players?

At the moment, I've rewritten the game to run an internal server. Its hit and miss at the moment but I think I can make it work :)
Goto http://ftlmultispace.blogspot.com/ to see more in-depth progress.
Aviator

Postby Aviator » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:38 pm

Me and my friend are super pumped for this mod, we have been talking about a multiplayer like this for ages, and this is exactly what we want. Keep it up man, can't wait to play it. :D
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:23 am

Is this even a Mod? If it isn't, you have to be very careful with how you distribute it.
If it is still FTL the person is playing, then it must be a mod- you are not allowed to distribute what amounts to a full version of FTL...
Blooperluigi

Postby Blooperluigi » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:50 am

Aviator wrote:Me and my friend are super pumped for this mod, we have been talking about a multiplayer like this for ages, and this is exactly what we want. Keep it up man, can't wait to play it. :D

Thanks :D I've wanted to do this for so long and its good to know that other people are looking forward to it.
Blooperluigi

Postby Blooperluigi » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:55 am

English Narwhal wrote:Is this even a Mod? If it isn't, you have to be very careful with how you distribute it.
If it is still FTL the person is playing, then it must be a mod- you are not allowed to distribute what amounts to a full version of FTL...

I've already spoken to the FTL team about this.

"You can try to remake FTL if you like but anything you plan to distribute has to be available for free; there can be no money involved. If instead you want to make a game 'heavily inspired' by FTL that also features multiplayer, that is also fine but it cannot use our assets or title."

As long as there is no money involved, its fine. Maybe it will even turn into its own game eventually :)
Ky6000

Postby Ky6000 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:12 pm

This project looks very promising. I hope it doesn't turn out like overdrive. I find myself refreshing your blog alot... Keep up the good work!
Blooperluigi

Postby Blooperluigi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Ky6000 wrote:This project looks very promising. I hope it doesn't turn out like overdrive. I find myself refreshing your blog alot... Keep up the good work!

I'm sorry to say though that development has been put on hold for a while (exams, considering moving to construct 2 etc). Hopefully I'll be able to carry on soon :)
My exams finish ~june 20 so we'll see ;)
Axale

Postby Axale » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:29 pm

Maybe you should add an option that allows, if there is up to 4 players, more than one ship.and if there are 4 ships, then the enemies are very strong. Or is a ship is destroyed, then you can go onto your friends ship if there are 2 players.