Morso

Re: [Tool] ftldat r7

Postby Morso » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Malwarebytes said its a backdoor.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:40 pm

@Morso
Vhati wrote:The virus false-positive comes from the tool used to bake that code into an exe.
That tool was PyInstaller, for which this is a known issue.

Link
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Kaerius

Postby Kaerius » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:40 am

Anyone have a working version of ftldat available? The exe just gives me an error message(once I finally force chrome to disregard it classifying it as a virus and refusing to download), so I downloaded the python files, installed python, downloaded pyinstaller and installed NSIS.

Ran the prompt... and got 3 syntax errors in pyinstaller.py... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

It's probably because I got the latest python instead of a legacy version, but at this point it's driving me up the wall.

EDIT: Got the right python version... oh right I need pywin32.

Pywin32 refuses to install because it can't find my python installation in registry! ARGH

EDIT2: got the right version of pywin32... got the install prompt going through... and ERROR. F this, I'm done.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:32 am

@Kaerius:
There is no reason to use ftldat anymore.

See this post on the previous page.
SharkmanBriton

Postby SharkmanBriton » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:56 pm

This isn't working for me. I open my CLI and type in the thing and I just get an error. It says ftldat is not recognized as an internal or external command, operational program or batch file. I've installed it properly from github so I don't see why it isn't working. If I try to put 'run' infront of the command it says the same (but with run instead of ftldat).

Can someone help me because this is making me want to throw my computer out the window.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:18 pm

Any reason you don't just follow what's in the last post and use slipstream?

Anyway, you probably need to make sure the location you installed it is in your path variable, or just move to its location manually.
SharkmanBriton

Postby SharkmanBriton » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:55 am

meklozz wrote:Any reason you don't just follow what's in the last post and use slipstream?

Anyway, you probably need to make sure the location you installed it is in your path variable, or just move to its location manually.

Ah okay. I did use Slipstream to unpack the files after I posted that comment. Sorry for the trouble.
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:49 am

Is this program still the best way to get the .png files for each ship? I am currently looking for some gibs...
Thanks in advance. :)
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:46 pm

This program is a little obsolete. The most convenient tool currently is Slipstream Mod Manager, which you need anyway to install mods. In the manager's window you simply go to File > Extract Dats... (or something along those lines), specify the output path, and the rest is taken care of.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Auron1

Postby Auron1 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:10 pm

kartoFlane wrote:This program is a little obsolete. The most convenient tool currently is Slipstream Mod Manager, which you need anyway to install mods. In the manager's window you simply go to File > Extract Dats... (or something along those lines), specify the output path, and the rest is taken care of.

Thank you very much!
Has anyone ever considered a Warhammer 40,000 Mod for this game? It would be awesome!