[Tool] ftldat r7

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
KuroSaru

Re: [Tool] ftldat r7

Postby KuroSaru » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:02 am

ftldat r7, does not contain a VIRUS!

It makes use of Py2EXE a free open source solution that allows users to run .py (python) scripts without having ActivePython/Python/Jython etc... installed up on there machines. Needless to say like all good free products at some point in time it has been abused and used by unscrupulous people for malware etc.

As mass majority of people at home use Signature based anti-virus tools, they will get a false positive stating there is a virus, this means being uneducated in this field your likely to go... "OMG ITS A ####ING VIRUS, RUN TO THE INTERNET TELL EVERYONE" while waving your around around.

There is NO Virus, NO Packer, NO Trojan, NO Dropper etc.. if you are that worried.. Install Python from www.python.org (Version 2.#7+ , do not use version 3) and use the ftldat.py script instead.

However if you still dont feel safe go use my FTL Dat Manager instead. but ftldat r7 by bas is a well made python script and id recommend it for batch packing/unpacking.
[Tool] FTL-Dat ~ Win/OSX/Nix Supported.
Current WIP: FTL Engine - JAVA Implementation | FTL-Dat
Hanzz

Re: [Modding] Packing and unpacking data.dat and resource.da

Postby Hanzz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:06 am

Awwn man why theres a virus? I CANT FRIGGIN DOWNLOAD AND USEEEEE! D:<
boa13

Postby boa13 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Most likely, there is no virus, this is just a false alert, like the dozens of false alerts that have already been posted on the forum.

Just read the post you are replying to, you will maybe understand.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
monkeyboy8888

Postby monkeyboy8888 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:30 am

WTF My antivirus detected a virus from this! :!:
boa13

Postby boa13 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:21 am

Contact your antivirus company so that the antivirus is corrected.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
viewport

Postby viewport » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:00 am

Translating to Simplified Chinese.

I saved the XML files in UTF-8. Doesn't display in game (square boxes only). Also tried saving XML in Big5 and GBK, same problem.

Can anybody confirm that FTL just doesn't display UTF-8 text? Or is the packer packing wrong?
boa13

Postby boa13 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:39 am

FTL just doesn't display UTF-8 text well. Other translators have had the same issue.
Trind

Postby Trind » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Could someone help me?

So I open command prompt and navigate to my gog.com/faster than light/resources directory. I enter the command ftl unpack data.dat. It gives me the data.dat-unpacked folder. I go inside and edit the Kestrel, giving it more max power, fully powered systems, full loadout of weapons and drones, one more drone slot, etc.

Then I save the blueprints.xml file and enter the command ftl pack data.dat data.dat-unpacked -f. This gives me a data.dat file that is the same file size as the normal one. I open FTL and it gives me this error when the loading bar is full: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

What is going on? I do have Grognak's Mod Manager installed. Would that mess anything up?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:26 pm

You probably have a typo somewhere in the blueprints. That file is very sensitive to typos.
Best idea is to try editing and packing it again.

GMM would not conflict in any way, unless you patched mods in after repacking the resources with ftldat. Even then it depends on what was in the mod.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Trind

Postby Trind » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:49 pm

This is the only thing that I changed. I didn't add a ship, I just edited the Kestrel.

http://pastebin.com/mWXXB8uS