[MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
dalolorn

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade (E. Interceptor released)

Postby dalolorn » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:12 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Dalolorn that's where you wrong, the Ellipsis can be 'partial' if it goes into the "TARGET" box for the enemy, it's a problem the current ship suffers as defence drones do not fire from there either nor does the shield register, meaning anything coming from there will hurt you.

aaaaaaa I will try and fix this, hopefully I didn't upload the wrong file or linked the wrong one, I will go seek to it at once.

Oh, I understood that bit - but the part where you were talking about your plans was a bit more vague.
R4V3-0N

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade (E. Interceptor fixed)

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Yea, it was late night, and so is this.

Well later ships will not have the weapons and drones blueprints and images and stuff and will be a separate mod file, while the ships are by them self without said weapons and such, like Foundation of the Federation.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:43 am

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21536

this could come in handy for your brigade

R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:56 am

looks interesting, I may need to cut some parts off in the right of the ship then add more parts bellow to make it a stereotypical ring and hole design. This may end up as an 'enemy' engi ship though...

I am kinda making room for a 'different' design, the "Stealth Cruiser" is an Engi race ship. So I will introduce them into the mod in some form.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
CaptainRover

Postby CaptainRover » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 am

What ever happened to this project? after the (slight) problem with the interceptor nothing has been heard of the project, its like a relative that died and nobody knew. :(
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:27 am

I am working on an interesting concept at the moment with interesting results, I used a test ship instead to make this and after I made it, I decided to polish it up and release it.

I also discovered about the 0x0 rooms and I will use them on the Engi Auto recon ship (not official name yet) but I still need a bit more experience. I wasn't aware people was actually waiting for an update to this. I appreciate the comment.

I have been working on some new weapons and stuff.

information about my concept is from what I can tell is new, I will not spill out to much information.

But it will make the ship immune to enemy attack drones (beam drones unknown) and will provide an interesting aspect to defense drones, how ever it does sacrifice shields.

I also am revisiting the previous ships and will start on making a type C in preparation to FTL: Advance Edition and will do an easier task and finish up with the vanilla engi ships that will be in game, (scout and bomber, and also a slightly modified engi cruiser).

I also got two ideas in ships.

1) is a salvaged/ captured mantis ship.
2) is the Stealth cruiser and maybe a Stealth Bomber to pair up with it.

Any thoughts?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
CaptainRover

Postby CaptainRover » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:49 am

Stealth cruiser would be interesting but i would advise making it look more like a prototype than an actual cruiser IE: have wires across the floor in all the system rooms and such. also the idea of a stealth bomber sounds interesting but i always imagined bombers as slow tough ships with lots of missiles, not quite the fast invisible cruiser we're used to seeing, maybe a stealth fighter would be a better option there.

Also in regard to the (new and improved) Vortex i do like it but i always feel that anything can kick my ass in the first sector, so i would recommend trying to give it something to give it a slight edge, like a better drone or something.

and on a side note i think an Engi artillery ship may be something you should look into.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:47 am

Sorry for the delay in response, my PC crashed when I was typing so sorry for the sloppy response I may put instead.

@Stealth Cruiser:
It would be outside regulations to have wires outside and not in safe areas and stuff.
Jokes aside. It wouldn't see any soft of action if it isn't that 'polished' and be so early.
Instead I will try to show prototype by using odd/ different weapons and also lower hull health.
I will add room images to make it look like a more rough ship, wires may be expected but more
running around the edges of the corners, I am picturing more like pipes and stranger interiors.
Oh and warning stripes at areas.

@ Stealth Bomber:
you don't think a lurking medium to slow ship equipped with bombs and/or missiles/ torpedoes that will strike and disable targets ships, stations, or buildings isn't fitting?

@Mantis Captured ships:

I am thinking off having 1 of the ships being mantis captured ships, instead of being 1 ship with 3 variants/ configs/ types/ models/ layouts, what ever. It will be...

A= Mantis Scout
B= Mantis Fighter
C= Mantis Bomber

No mantis cruiser because it is technically a 1 of a kind ship, would be silly if the federation and engi got them.

It will come with a slightly different paint scheme with maybe some segments repainted grey and/or strips added.
When this mod enters the quest making stage, I will add quests for the Mantis Pheromones to give interesting results. Such as Mantis not attacking you as they are hunting, or Mantis suddenly attacking due to them simply not liking another ship entering it's territory. To you making it easier for you to ambush them when they least expect them.

Due to the increase in mantis in this mod as it makes the assisting the Federation just a end goal. (taking out the Rebel Flagship) The main thing you will need to work through is fighting off Mantis Attackers on the engi core worlds and such and maybe set up a sector 7 quest to take out a Mantis Capital or Flagship.

That aside.

I am trying to make this mod as finished as possible, I got 1 other person to help me now who just started to learn how to mod this game yesterday (and already successfully made not 1 but 5 test weapons to test his new skills... I don't even think I successfully made that many yet) so this will move along more faster.

Keep in mind that I am not to focused here as I said earlier I am not gonna do to much work as when AE comes out I need to rework most my ships due to the new systems and stuff and maybe some ships revolve around some systems.

If you got any more ideas I will be happy to hear them.

I am gonna upgrade the Vortex. It was my favorite ship early on and I never had issues with it, but I never won in it either (back before I couldn't win in anything) I am thinking of upgrading it, and trying to stick to it's core play style.

I am thinking of switching the system repair drones into boarding drones and up the crew to 2 or 3 engi or some other races added.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade (On hold)

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:45 am

Well this mod is currently not being worked on as my life has took a pretty bad turn into being constantly busy, I am not sure when I will get back to it, sorry for lack of updates.

A few things that happened in my life are thing such as being homeless for 5 weeks, I don't think i should mention all the other minor stuff that's happening. you get the picture.

I will possibly eventually make ships that may not relate to this overhaul. Sorry for inconvenience :(
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:51 am

Advance Edition is out and as I said earlier this is when my mod will take a hard turn for hard work.

I am going to go update my previous ships and play around with the new Advance edition weapons after I get to learn how to use them a tiny bit. Besides updating a few of my current ships and possibly releasing my experimental ship I have been working on, now with the power of advance edition I can make it even unique.

That aside, I am going through that time of year where homework is spammed and exams are on there way and I am struggling between modding, having some fun, and studying and I am not particularly the best person to study.

I already have some sweet ideas on some new weapons with FTL:AE but for now I am just going to take it slowly and polish up and add a 3rd variant to my ships I have released.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.