Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
fdagpigj

Re: Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Postby fdagpigj » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Does anyone know how to find the AE beacon map overlay image? When I unpack the data files using SMM all I can find is the pre-AE version (img/map/map_overlay.png) which is smaller and slightly different.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Yeah, in general if you can't find an image chances are it is in the ipad folder, ipad/map in your case.
fdagpigj

Postby fdagpigj » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Yeah, in general if you can't find an image chances are it is in the ipad folder, ipad/map in your case.

I tried to search there as well but there's no image name containing "overlay" anywhere in the ipad folder except help_screen_overlay.png, and manually looking there doesn't seem to be anything that would resemble it in the ipad/map folder.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:08 am

mr_easy_money wrote:does anybody know what the default "radius" is for regular weapons, as in how big is the targeting area in pixels? I know the vanilla swarm missile has a radius of 31 so the "radius" for regular weapons has to be less than that since the swarm missile can miss sometimes.

I just wanna know because I want to quantify how big the radius increase is for uncalibrated, unreliable, and wild prefixed weapons in CE Endless Loot in percentage, but right now I don't have the right base radius which is messing it up.

I say "radius" because regular weapons don't have a specified radius, there's just the regular targeting crosshairs.

Like you said, normal weapons don't have a radius, so from looking at the files and the xml for the generator, it just sets the radius to the value it says it does, 30/45/70.

fdagpigj wrote:
Sleeper Service wrote:Yeah, in general if you can't find an image chances are it is in the ipad folder, ipad/map in your case.

I tried to search there as well but there's no image name containing "overlay" anywhere in the ipad folder except help_screen_overlay.png, and manually looking there doesn't seem to be anything that would resemble it in the ipad/map folder.

It looks like it's divided into a number of elements, like side_sector.png for bottom left, zone_1.png for background etc.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:25 am

During my recent run-down of my Arsenal+ translation, I have done something in the events.xml file to create a Runtime Error when the game's loading bar completes:
"Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\FTL - Advanced Edition\FTLGame.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

I've looked into this and it may be a junk character or something causing this. However, I've been unable to locate the source of this error, as validating through slipstream says everything is fine except for the usual "hey there are fancy characters" like it always has.

I'm still able to run the previous version fine, and it's definitely a problem with events.xml .

Here is the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/363h26mk3 ... _Error.ftl

it's supposed to be loaded with the resource pack, but the game will still load without it, just that there will be various textures missing and room images all over the place.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:59 am

mr_easy_money wrote:During my recent run-down of my Arsenal+ translation, I have done something in the events.xml file to create a Runtime Error when the game's loading bar completes:
"Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\Games\FTL - Advanced Edition\FTLGame.exe

I've looked into this and it may be a junk character or something causing this. However, I've been unable to locate the source of this error, as validating through slipstream says everything is fine except for the usual "hey there are fancy characters" like it always has.

I'm still able to run the previous version fine, and it's definitely a problem with events.xml .

Here is the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/363h26mk3 ... _Error.ftl

it's supposed to be loaded with the resource pack, but the game will still load without it, just that there will be various textures missing and room images all over the place.

Extra ">" at the end.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:25 am

meklozz wrote:Extra ">" at the end.

thanks a bunch :) . I'll remember to check for that from now on.
SentryJumper

Postby SentryJumper » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:23 pm

Can anybody help me with saving file formats? I can't get any weapon/event etc mods working, and I'm pretty sure it's because of the way they're saved. I'm using a mac with TextWrangler, but even with the extension .xml.append it doesn't seem to want to save them in anything but text files.
Does anyone know a way of fixing this, or should I be using another program?
EDIT: I can now apparently save them so that they show up as 'Document' in finder, but they still don't work when I package them. Any ideas?
Last edited by SentryJumper on Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:07 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:During my recent run-down of my Arsenal+ translation, I have done something in the events.xml file to create a Runtime Error when the game's loading bar completes:
"Runtime Error!

so here I am again with this error, except this time I don't know which file is causing it. I've checked for extra '>' characters and extra closing tags to no avail (though extra closing tags are detected through SSM validation). like before, the game should still run without the texture pack, so there shouldn't be any need to open that up. fortunately at least I was able to solve the UnmappableCharacterException error on my own, so that's not the problem.

here is the file in question: http://www.mediafire.com/file/cxfuxm0ad ... _error.ftl

anybody know the error with it? :|
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:10 pm

I've checked for extra '>' characters and extra closing tags
string 6509 in animation.xml (in russian version too :? )
Image Image Image