[MOD][WIP]Ship Greeble Graphics Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
KoolTheKid

Re: [MOD][WIP]Ship Greeble Graphics Mod

Postby KoolTheKid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:40 pm

LordTrilobite wrote:Indeed. Currently I've made some changes to all Engi ships and now working on tweaking some of the Zoltan ships.

Nice. Are you tweaking the actual graphics or just alignments? I find Zoltan B's inner workings kinda boring.
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:10 pm

Well, Zoltan B is actually the main focus of this update.

Here's the new version. I've fixed the large grey slab on Engi B and also tweaked the other two Engi ships. I've added a lot more detail in the form off greebles on Zoltan B and also tweaked the other two Zoltan ships. I've also fixed the alignment for Lanius B and Engi A. They were a couple of pixels off. Zoltan B also needed new alignment since I added some details on the side.

In the coming updates I will go through every ship and see what can be improved. I've done this for all the Engi, Zoltan and Lanius ships as well as Kestral A and B. So I pretty much consider these ships done now. At least for now. I think when I've done this for all the ships I will release the complete mod as version 1.0.

Download Version 0.94
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lylq3 ... s_0.94.ftl
Image - Image
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:14 pm

LordTrilobite wrote:Well, Zoltan B is actually the main focus of this update.

Here's the new version. I've fixed the large grey slab on Engi B and also tweaked the other two Engi ships. I've added a lot more detail in the form off greebles on Zoltan B and also tweaked the other two Zoltan ships. I've also fixed the alignment for Lanius B and Engi A. They were a couple of pixels off. Zoltan B also needed new alignment since I added some details on the side.

In the coming updates I will go through every ship and see what can be improved. I've done this for all the Engi, Zoltan and Lanius ships as well as Kestral A and B. So I pretty much consider these ships done now. At least for now. I think when I've done this for all the ships I will release the complete mod as version 1.0.

Download Version 0.94
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lylq3 ... s_0.94.ftl

Amazing <3

EDIT:
I just tried it and damn! Zoltan B actually looks a TON less boring. Great work man.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:01 pm

If you haven't already, you should check out slowriderxcorp's alignment changes, they help improve a lot of the greebles and make them line up with the outer hull of the ships better. You may want to include them directly like I have done for Shiny!. Great job, on the new improvements also, they look a lot more detailed. :)
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Actually most ships are already correctly aligned and don't need any change. Maybe a couple are misaligned a pixel or so. But nothing major, at least in vanilla.
Image - Image
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:35 pm

I think Lanius A and B need a change, not as much as Zoltan B needed it, but the inner workings for them aren't very noticeable or interesting, they look a lot like vanilla.

It's your call though.
Last edited by KoolTheKid on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:43 pm

I'm definitely not going to change the Lanius ships. They're actually among my favourite of all the greebles. The whole idea is that they blend with the rest of the ship. If it's not very noticable, that just means the greebles do their job. the problem with vanilla was that the floors looked pasted onto the ship instead of being an integral part of it.
Image - Image
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Alright it's your call. :)
Last edited by KoolTheKid on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KoolTheKid

Postby KoolTheKid » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Also, crystal ships would be cool if the visible machinery had crystal coating on it, identical
(except it would be red for type B, and maybe a little bigger) to the crystal lock-down coating that the crystal crew produce.

Let me know what you think about this idea. :)
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:17 pm

I still need to go through many of the ships including the crystal ones. I'll get to them eventually.
Image - Image