[MOD][WIP]Ship Greeble Graphics Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
LordTrilobite

Re: [MOD][WIP]Ship Greeble Graphics Mod

Postby LordTrilobite » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Actually, I don't test the graphics ingame when I make them. I just take screenshots and overlay them in Photoshop so that I can see how it will look ingame. So I actually don't need to test them until they are finished.
So like you guys, I also need to test each picture through trial and error.

I did test the jelly cruiser ingame though. Here's the offset:

Code: Select all

<mod:findLike type="offsets">
   <mod-overwrite:floor x="201" y="75"/>
</mod:findLike>
Image - Image
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Not sure if that is helpful, but I think an easy way to position the floor images correctly would be using superluminal. You can load up the ship in question and replace the floor image with the greeble version, then move it around till it fits and export the ship to get the exact offset.
Estel

Postby Estel » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:14 am

LordTrilobite wrote:I did test the jelly cruiser ingame though. Here's the offset:

Code: Select all

<mod:findLike type="offsets">
   <mod-overwrite:floor x="201" y="75"/>
</mod:findLike>

Fortunately, it's the same offset that I have ended up with, after more than hour of positioning. That's... refreshing to know that I hit the spot, at least ;)

Sleeper Service wrote:Not sure if that is helpful, but I think an easy way to position the floor images correctly would be using superluminal. You can load up the ship in question and replace the floor image with the greeble version, then move it around till it fits and export the ship to get the exact offset.

Definitely helpful! I need to wrap my head around superluminal, it seems. And I almost promised myself that I won't get into FTL modding (I was very active in many modding communities, once), instead just relaxing and enjoying awesome work by others... Apologies in advance, if I ever come up with custom pixel art ship's hull, or whatsnot :roll:

/Estel
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:08 am

Amazing work. You yo Estel, both you guys are doing a fantastic job. Im pulling my hair out waiting for a complete set of greebles >.<
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Alright, I think I'll just post new images as I finish them so you guys can use them before I make an official release.

So here's the Lanius type A. I haven't tested it ingame yet though.
Image - Image
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Thanks a lot, Trilobite! It's very good idea, this way, everyone will be able to experience your awesome greebles - and maybe suggest things - much earlier. I'll pack the new one ASAP.

/Estel

// Edit

I've updated the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pabgbk3tn6ztklm/greebles.ftl

To contain latest Lanius A greebles by Trilobite. Thanks to RAD-82 and SleeperService for teaching me how to re-position floor images properly, which allowed to integrate it in 5 minutes of work, instead of a hour or so of positioning and re-checking in game, rinse and repeat :oops:
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:26 am

I made the C types for the Engi and Slug cruisers.

Image - Image
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:35 pm

Awsome! I'm loosing track here... which ships are left?
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:17 pm

Well. I haven't done any of the B types yet. With every ship I start with the A type, and the C type is generally also easy since it's mostly the same compared to A.

At the moment I'm working on type A of the Zoltan ship.

Finished Ships:
Kestral A
Engie A, C
Fed Cruiser A, C
Slug A, C
Stealth A
Lanius A

9 ships

Unfinished Ships:
Kestral B, C
Engie B
Fed Cruiser B
Zoltan A, B, C
Mantis A, B, C
Slug B
Rock A, B, C
Stealth B, C
Lanius B

17 ships

Damnit, when I put everything in a list like this it looks kinda daunting. I hadn't realised how many there were still left :P
Anyway, the priority is getting all the A types done so it can be called a working mod basically. But the C types are easy to do for the ones that I already have the A type for. So I make one of those every once in a while too. B types will probably take while longer.
Image - Image
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:02 am

Made one for Rock A and Rock C is also almost done too. Colors aren't final yet. Mostly plating on that one, but the C variant will actually reveals a lot of internal stuff. I tried to stay close to LordTrilobites style but it just felt like the Rock ships should have a total plating overdose.