[MOD][WIP]Ship Greeble Graphics Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
LordTrilobite

Re: [MOD][WIP]Ship Greeble Graphics Mod

Postby LordTrilobite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:03 pm

Thanks for putting that together. When I finish more of the ships I will look into making it work properly as well.
Image - Image
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:49 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I would like to add that you may need to edit over some of your new floor rooms.
Becuase the floor A's are being used also by the type C's.

That can be easily fixed by removing <floorImage> tag from C layout's blueprints.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:33 pm

kartoFlane wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:I would like to add that you may need to edit over some of your new floor rooms.
Becuase the floor A's are being used also by the type C's.

That can be easily fixed by removing <floorImage> tag from C layout's blueprints.

I actually added a <floorImage> tag to the A layout blueprints, so the C layouts are still using the original A floors, but the A ships are using the new images which I renamed by adding _greebles before _floor.

Code: Select all

<mod:findName type="shipBlueprint" name="PLAYER_SHIP_FED">
   <mod-overwrite:floorImage>fed_cruiser_greebles</mod-overwrite:floorImage>
</mod:findName>

I see three downloads at this time and no bug reports, so I hope things are working right. :mrgreen: Doing my modding on an old computer that doesn't run the game can be annoying. :(

edit: I guess I'll also add the code that I append to each {ship}.xml. Replace ## with actual numbers.

Code: Select all

<mod:findLike type="offsets">
   <mod-overwrite:floor x="##" y="##"/>
</mod:findLike>

Pre-AE, the Kestrel had empty space around the hull image. This has been cropped for AE, so I couldn't use a (0,0) offset for the new Kestrel floor that was designed around the pre-AE hull. I could've used a (0,0) offset for the Stealth and Fed ships, but I decided that since I had to 'fix' the Kestrel, I would also crop the empty space from the new floors, even though it created more work for me since I needed to determine the new offsets by doing so. Main reason for cropping the empty space out is for smaller file sizes, even though it isn't really much.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:10 pm

I've just tested your .ftl file. And it seems to work fine.

I'll probably post a preview of the slug ship soon. Progress is a bit slow since I have many other projects that take up my time. I might also update the kestral a bit too. There are some details I'm not satisfied with.

greebles_preview01.jpg
Image - Image
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:54 pm

Here's a preview of the slug ship. I think maybe I'll do the Lanius next.

jelly_cruiser_floor_new.png
Image - Image
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:04 pm

I think a few more details on the slug would be nice. Other than that though, everything is looking amazing. Cant wait for a complete replacement for all ships.
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:33 pm

I just want to say I'm still working on this. It took a little break from this. I might release a first version when I finish all the A types.
Image - Image
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Keep up the great work. The Slug one is awesome. I love that you made the outer hull visible at some points and that the greeble graphic is as irregular as the actual ship layout.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:52 pm

I hope some more progress is being made on this. I check back once a week to see if you pushed out your first batch of type A Greebles.
1337rll08

Re: Ship Graphics

Postby 1337rll08 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:29 pm

Kieve wrote:This is one of those things that feels like such a simple mod, and yet so wonderful. Please, continue :D

ya i love it to