Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
iclark61

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.4 (2013-09-20)

Postby iclark61 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Please Help: I keep trying to run it with FTL Infinite Space, but the error " Patching failed: java.io.EOFException " keeps pooping up. This also happens when I try to run with the other supplied mods are chosen, however it does not happen if I run with no mods active. How can i fix this?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:03 pm

@iclark61
Try this.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:03 pm

*groan* Email reply notification failed me again. Catching up...

kartoFlane wrote:
TheWarThatChanged wrote:Hello. I just downloaded your manager,but ]every time I open it even though I have mods in the folder the manager can not find them,and shows that nothing is in the folder when I try patching them in
it seems that your system fails to resolve the current directory name (the dot at the beggining of "./backup..."), but I don't know what could be the cause of that.

This is why modman.exe and modman.command are the preferred ways to run Slipstream.

Double-clicking the jar does not guarantee it'll find its own directory.

jep wrote:Vhati - How open are you to receiving pull requests including new features.
I'm thinking of the one I mentioned before to allow a find to succeed only if the target element was NOT found.
Also, I'm thinking about a clone feature to avoid having to paste the same event in multiple times.

I think of pull requests as very detailed suggestions. Have at it. ;)

I might accept them as-is, decline, do something similar, or shelve them for a while to revisit later.
Noitatohtori

Postby Noitatohtori » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:29 am

Hello, could someone please help me with a problem I have with Slipstream manager?

I just downloaded it and when I try to run the modman.exe, it brings up the window that asks me to manually locate data.dat, after which a cmd window pops up for a split second before closing down. I've tried all the troubleshooting tricks included in the readme and tried to find a solution from this thread, but I'm afraid that most of you guys are simply too technical for me! So could anyone please lend a helping hand to the village idiot and explain to me in layman's terms what I should do?

Thanks.

P.s. I think the problem might be with the resources-folder where data.dat and resource.dat are is read-only. When I try to change it, it instantly goes back to read-only by itself. Solution?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working now with the aid of some black magic.
cds894

Postby cds894 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:06 am

Noitatohtori wrote:Hello, could someone please help me with a problem I have with Slipstream manager?

I just downloaded it and when I try to run the modman.exe, it brings up the window that asks me to manually locate data.dat, after which a cmd window pops up for a split second before closing down. I've tried all the troubleshooting tricks included in the readme and tried to find a solution from this thread, but I'm afraid that most of you guys are simply too technical for me! So could anyone please lend a helping hand to the village idiot and explain to me in layman's terms what I should do?

Thanks.

P.s. I think the problem might be with the resources-folder where data.dat and resource.dat are is read-only. When I try to change it, it instantly goes back to read-only by itself. Solution?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working now with the aid of some black magic.

Dude what is the solution I cant fix it.

Edit to all who are have the same issue I was make sure it is extracted exactly to the c drive not to a sub folder in the c drive and also make sure that both of the files in ftl resources folder is not read only.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:48 am

You can put the mod manager wherever you want, you just need all of it in the same folder. Make sure your java is up to date.
ikkoops

Postby ikkoops » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:01 pm

Hello community of FTL. I am ikkoops and I'm having trouble with the mod manager :(

- Running windows 8
- Steam user.
- It has automatically directed its self to the folder
- I start up the mod manager with my MOD installed in the mod folder.
- I get error writing config to modman.cfg
- It opens up and I have no mod to patch nothing.

Hope you can help
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:50 pm

Try opening the program as administrator (right-click on modman.exe > Run as admin...), or moving the manager outside of Program Files (or whatever the analogue is in Win8). Failing to write config usually means that the manager doesn't have write permissions.
Also, make sure that the mods you move to the /mods/ directory have .ftl extension -- it's the only one SMM can "see" by default.
ikkoops

Postby ikkoops » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:04 pm

kartoFlane wrote:Try opening the program as administrator (right-click on modman.exe > Run as admin...), or moving the manager outside of Program Files (or whatever the analogue is in Win8). Failing to write config usually means that the manager doesn't have write permissions.
Also, make sure that the mods you move to the /mods/ directory have .ftl extension -- it's the only one SMM can "see" by default.

There is no way to open as administrator because you know windows 8. Right clicks modman.exe and nothing, just the usual rename and stuff.
( I do not have GMM installed either. )
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:15 pm