Slipstream Mod Manager v1.9.1 (2018-01-07)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Atreyu

Re: Slipstream Mod Manager v1.6 (2014-10-25)

Postby Atreyu » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:08 pm

Thank you for your reply/time. I tried downloading version 1.6 again and got the same error, so for science i downloaded and attempted version 1.5 as well, and got the exact same error message. So idk if the download is damaged or not, but im more inclined to think its my end. My computer is rather old and worn out, that said however, it runs regular FTL AE perfectly fine with no stutters or lag whatsoever so i imagine it could handle this.

EDIT!

I kinda feel dumb, but i really don't remember reading that this was a requirement or needed, but just on a whim i decided to set the mod manager folder directly in my ftl folder ( c:programfiles:ftl) and low and behold it seems to be working! Will attempt to set up the mods and run them, and see if anything else happens (ive read this whole thread so i know getting the mod manager open is just the first hurdle lol)
aemeyer

Postby aemeyer » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:33 am

Okay, so I've got a problem that reading through the first and last ten pages of this thread didn't solve:
I have FTL 1.5 (Steam), Windows 8, Java 1.8~ and the latest SMM, including the master version, but for some reason I just can get the thing to work. I've run it as an admin, tried to use the thing that turns Java into exe's, tried doing that Windows 8 thing that let's you emulate past versions of Windows, etc, but every time, I always get an error pop-up box that lasts for about a quarter of a second telling me that modman can't find or load main class net.vhati.modmanager.FTLModManager

I've found nothing through Google, Youtube or asking the chats of various FTL streams, so hopefully someone will respond here and be able to help.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:28 am

Have you downloaded the source code from Github by mistake? That error message would pop up if the .exe files cannot find modman.jar (which is included in the default download intended for normal users)

This is what you should download:
Original post wrote:Version 1.6 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
WhiteWeasel

Postby WhiteWeasel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:58 am

Oops posted in wrong thread.
aemeyer

Postby aemeyer » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:56 pm

kartoFlane wrote:Have you downloaded the source code from Github by mistake? That error message would pop up if the .exe files cannot find modman.jar (which is included in the default download intended for normal users)

This is what you should download:
Original post wrote:Version 1.6 - [Windows] - [Mac/Linux]

Yes, that is the first one I tried a while ago. The files I get from that are the backup folder, the mods folder, modman_admin application, and the three readme files.

The version you linked gives me same error message as using the master version, which yes, is the version from github.

I've tried using the Windows compatibility troubleshooter to run it through the different Windows versions, and copying the src folder from the master version over to the regular Windows version, but that fails as well.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:44 pm

aemeyer wrote:The files I get from that are the backup folder, the mods folder, modman_admin application, and the three readme files.

(Assuming you've listed everything you see) It seems like your download is incomplete for some reason. Beyond the files you've listed, you should also have modman.exe, modman.jar, and license.txt. While the .exe and license are not necessary, the manager simply will not run without the jar file, since that's the actual program.

I've no idea why some files would be missing randomly like that, though. Try downloading this, placing it in SMM's directory, and renaming it to modman.jar (it's a modified version of SMM 1.6 that I wrote some time ago; basically the same, except you can tell it to launch FTL via Steam, if you want to)
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
aemeyer

Postby aemeyer » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:09 pm

kartoFlane wrote:I've no idea why some files would be missing randomly like that, though. Try downloading this, placing it in SMM's directory, and renaming it to modman.jar (it's a modified version of SMM 1.6 that I wrote some time ago; basically the same, except you can tell it to launch FTL via Steam, if you want to)

Hooray! It lives! Oh thank you so much. I've been working on an Ion Screwdriver (Ion Beam) and Tardis Mod for Vanguard of Valor and I was so worried I wouldn't ever be able to test it and use it.
koldth

Postby koldth » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:10 pm

[quote="Vhati"].
:cry: i used the superluminal v2.1.1 and made a ship and replaced it with the krestel but when i tryed to patch the mod in it didnt work it the access was denyed could someone help me my skype is brayden helton if you would like to contact me
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Not a good idea to give your Skype account out like that.

Try running SMM in admin mode.
isthistaken

Postby isthistaken » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:14 am

mine just says something about a zlib stream stopping unexpectedly. i tried everything i saw--deleting and reinstalling ftl, clearing the backup files, etc.
i have edited it with a different editor, the profile editor. does that matter?
i know its not SMM because it starts working, and because when i patch with nothing selected it works

UPDATE--when I validate the files, its the CE resources. If i patch with just the base mod it finishes, but there are errors. Is something wrong with the CE resources?